JVC Model PD-42X776

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVC Model PD-42X776

Need help with part number for this cap.Posted pic of cap and board its on.Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: JVC Model PD-42X776

The plastic top is bulging but the capacitor is most likely fine.
    315V, 440uF.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom. I have removed from board and its leaking brown gunk from one leg and a crack by that leg.Also it was raised up from board and glue that was at base and board.

Comment

If you press down on the top, does it depress?
        If it does, the capacitor is fine.

Anyway, you haven't mentioned the symptoms of the fault. Bad caps there might cause a dim picture, excessive buzzing noise, or sparkling pixels. But I'll note that we've never seen the caps on sustain boards fail, apart from low voltage ones.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom no top wont press down and brown crud oozing from around one of the legs.Symptom is sparkling pixels. Have tried everywhere for cap but no luck.No one seems to have a 440uf cap at 315 or any higher. Any suggestion on locating would be appreciated

Comment

470uF 315~350V would be an acceptable substitute.

Comment

That's great thanks! You wouldn't have a service manual for this set you can share would you.

Comment

Unfortunately not. However, it's a simple Samsung plasma panel, so it should be reasonably easy to set up. If you need help I can provide some.

Comment

Working...
                X