Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sceptre U500CV-UMK8L - *No Picture* – has audio & backlights

Hi everyone!

I have a Sceptre U500CV-UMK8L (49” 4K LED TV) that powers on (Standby LED changes from RED to BLUE) when using either the remote or the power button built-in to the display, but I get no image on the screen.

The backlights power up, and I can play audio through the HDMI 1 input, and the audio will play through the TV's speakers – the screen is just black (despite being lit up by the backlights).

A little background: when I first encountered this TV a few weeks ago, it had an issue where about 50% of the time, the TV would power up normally, and the other 50% of the time, as soon as the backlights turned on, the TV would slowly begin turning totally white, nothing else would display. Every now and then, this would manifest in what appeared to be a busted panel, as occasionally some vertical white lines would appear. In this state, the TV would usually just stay like this until unplugged and plugged back in, but sometimes the TV would finish “booting” after the aforementioned behavior, and we eventually (after 10 seconds or so) would be brought to whatever was being displayed on HDMI 1.

This behavior only lasted about a week before the panel just stopped displaying anything at all after being powered on. Now, the TV behaves as described in the beginning of this post: it powers on, and the backlights turn on and the audio works, but there is no image on the screen.

I preemptively went and replaced the T-Con board, as I suspected the power supply to be good and the mainboard appeared functional, but the TV is exhibiting the same symptoms with the replacement T-Con board.

Here are some photos to give some context:

Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can provide!

Re: Sceptre U500CV-UMK8L - *No Picture* – has audio & backlights

Probably the MSD main IC on the main board.

Comment

Re: Sceptre U500CV-UMK8L - *No Picture* – has audio & backlights

Any way for me to check it? I see what you're referring to, but would you have any idea as to what I might need to probe to verify the IC is bad?

I am getting 12.22 V on both sides of the fuse on both T-Con boards, if that matters.

Thanks for your response, btw.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X