eVGA Geforce 6600 capacitor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eVGA Geforce 6600 capacitor replacement

Hello all, I have a eVGA Geforce 6600 that just up and died on me, and upon inspection, noticed a few of the caps blown. I read through most of the other eVGA threads on here, and sure enough, the sacon FZ series is the culprit.

I have id the Sacon capacitors and believe I have selected the correct replacements, but I figured that I could post this to make sure I have gotten it right. Also, there are a few other capacitors on the board that I am unsure whether I should replace or not.

So, the 4 larger silver ones are:
    FZ54
    6.3V
    10mm Diameter
    12-12.5mm Length

I would be replacing them with these: https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=40

The smaller silver ones are:
    FZ53
    16V
    8mm Diameter
    11mm Length

I would be replacing them with these: https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=51

Then there are the 3 types of capacitors that I am unsure if I need to replace.

The green capacitors on the top right are Sanyos with 1000 microF and 6.3V. They also say 105°C S.E.46 WG on their side.

The Blue Capacitors in the lower left are Lelon with 330 microF and 16V. They say OCR 105°C L510(M) on their side

Finally there are 2 small surface mount capacitors at the top left. All they have on them are
    6A, with the A being superscript

So, do I have the correct capacitors picked out for the Sacons? Also, do I need to replace any of the others and if so what capacitors should I choose?

Thanks!

Re: eVGA Geforce 6600 capacitor replacement

The others are fine. Only the sacon fz need to be replaced.

Comment

The two green ones with the K vent are sanyo, those are fine.

The two blue ones look like they are maybe skywell?

Comment

The caps you selected as replacments should be fine. The blue lelon polys may be OK since they are polys, but lelon are a pure junk brand. Use these (https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=78) if you decide to replace them.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Thank you for the replies! I may go with replacing the Lelons with the caps you suggested c_hegge, as it only adds a dollar to my order and it would be better to buy them now rather than pay another 5 dollars in shipping later if they would go bad.

Comment

Working...
          X