HDMI splitter backfeeds +5V into source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI splitter backfeeds +5V into source

On a Raspberry Pi 3, I had a problem where the Pi would not start properly when +5V is connected through its usual Micro USB connector, which I traced to a externally powered HDMI splitter (duplicates one source into two or more displays) backfeeding its +5V supply into the Pi HDMI connector +5V line (which has an electronic circuit breaker).
    I carefully broke the +5V trace at the Input connector of the splitter (which was directly connected to the +5V DC input) and the problem was fixed.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: HDMI splitter backfeeds +5V into source

I have here a powered USB hub which has the power adapter input in parallel with the +5V coming from the cable used to connect it to the computer.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
    X