Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practical Electronics Books: What have you read..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practical Electronics Books: What have you read..

Hey guys,

I have a degree in Applied Physics from years back, so I've gone through all the theory.... But I'm trying to get my hands the most practical books for hands on electronics repair and design... particularly to do with power supplies and TVs.. I'm not scared of equations or theory, but I only want to memorise the practical stuff.. So far I've read:

Switch Mode Power Supply Troubleshooting & Repair: Jestine Yong
    LCD Repair: Jestine Yong
    Testing Electronic Components: Jestine Yong
    LCD TV Repair: John Preher
    Plasma TV Repair: Damon Morrow
    How To Diagnose And Fix Everything: Michael Jay Grier
    Practical Electronics For Inventors: McGraw Hill

Morrow's book could do with a bit better structure and a bit better editing, and Practical Electronics could have kept it a little more "practical", but the rest of the books were excellent. Any other books I should have on my reading list?

Re: Practical Electronics Books: What have you read..

I would recommend "The Art of Electronics", by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill. It is a textbook in some universities, although it's not heavy on math. Some parts covered in it are old now, but it really teaches some fundamentals when approaching circuit design. The new edition should be out late this year.

Comment

I second the recommendation of Horowitz & Hill; it's not cheap but very much worth the
      money; very practical. Another good resource is the ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook -
      it's slanted more towards communications but has good chapters on power supplies,
      construction practices, and basic theory.

Comment

Data book.
        Franzis Tabellen Dipl.Ing. Hans Guenther Steidle Transistoren Kurz-Tabelle

About 9000 transistors, with their data, 97 pictures of packages with pin description... ~ 200 pages. No circuits, only data...

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
          I would recommend "The Art of Electronics", by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill. It is a textbook in some universities, although it's not heavy on math. Some parts covered in it are old now, but it really teaches some fundamentals when approaching circuit design. The new edition should be out late this year.
          I Have to second that. I am an avionics tech by trade but work on consumer electronics on the side for fun and extra cash. It is a tremendous help in getting the basics back to basic.

Comment

Originally posted by twbranch View Post
            I Have to second that.
            I had a look at that book online, and I found it hard going... See I'm conscious of the type of book that I can learn from and the type of book that just goes in one ear and out the other... There has to be some element of participation for me, or I dont learn anything.

I bought the ALL New Self Teaching Electronics Guide, which is exactly the sort of book that I can learn from... I've gone through it all and done all the questions, and I find it great.... Dont like the way they ignore the voltage drop across the diode in the transistor switch examples, but other than that it's great..

Comment

Originally posted by DrSlump View Post
              Plasma TV Repair: Damon Morrow

Morrow's book could do with a bit better structure and a bit better editing, and Practical Electronics could have kept it a little more "practical", but the rest of the books were excellent. Any other books I should have on my reading list?
              I need this book , I can give you "crt repair for humphrey kimathi"
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-19-2019, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I need more books guys !!

Comment

The theory and servicing of am, fm, and fm stereo receivers. Green & bourque.

Haven't read it yet, but its on my bookshelf.

Its supposed to be the go-to book for radios.

Comment

Someone on eevblog linked to this page, with books that are now public domain: http://www.rsp-italy.it/Electronics/Books/index.htm

I've made a mirror of all books there and put them on my ftp here, so it's easier to get them all : ftp://helpedia.com/pub/temp/books/

There's also this stuff, which I downloaded some time ago.. exactly what the url says ... handbooks, manuals, reference pdfs, catalogues etc etc : ftp://helpedia.com/pub/temp/manuals_...atasheets_old/

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                      Someone on eevblog linked to this page, with books that are now public domain: http://www.rsp-italy.it/Electronics/Books/index.htm

I've made a mirror of all books there and put them on my ftp here, so it's easier to get them all : ftp://helpedia.com/pub/temp/books/

There's also this stuff, which I downloaded some time ago.. exactly what the url says ... handbooks, manuals, reference pdfs, catalogues etc etc : ftp://helpedia.com/pub/temp/manuals_...atasheets_old/
                      I need books more practically. I red many recent eBooks,I need more

Comment

[QUOTE=zooma.tech;368639]I need this book , I can give you "crt repair for humphrey kimathi"

hi sir please provide me CRT TV repair book
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-19-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

hi sir please provide me CRT TV repair book *************com
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-19-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

sir can you give me a copy of crt repaire by humpry this is my email **********

Comment

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Repair.html has some good information too
                              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                              -David VanHorn

Comment

Hello, can someone please send me crt tv repair ebook by humphrey kimathi? my e-mail is: *************. Thank you very much!

Comment

I started with PRACTICAL WIRELESS magazines my father subscribed to in the '50s and 60's. I think the author/editor was Mr. Gernsbeck. Then I went to 'Practical Electronics' and then on to 'Electronics Now' magazines. Some CRT TV Repair books and AM/FM Audio Electronics Theory and Repair. I would read anything about electronics. I wasn't into story books of any kind whilst in my teens. Still read only tech books in my spare time....

Comment

Is someone interested for a e-book exchange? I need crt tv repair ebook by humphrey kimathi the complete book. I can offer Collection of LCD/LED Television Repair Tips V4.0

Comment

Okay, I found another little gem while messing around with motors. I found it hard to find anything that gave a practical instruction on motors and motor controller circuits.. Surprising really given that motors are in everything.

Robot Building For Intermediate (2nd Edition) by David Cook is an excellent book. Dont be mislead by the title, the book is great for learning motors. It explains the basic circuits, and suggests chips that you might use when creating such circuits. And it's very readable.

Comment

Anybody got any ideas on laptop motherboard repair.

Comment

Working...
                                        X