Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pioneer VSX-522-K remote control not working???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer VSX-522-K remote control not working???

I have this receiver for at least 10 years. Usually, we just use the remote for turning on/off and adjusting the volume. Recently, the remote control started not able to turn the receiver on. Later, the volume also could not be adjusted by the remote control.

At first, I thought that it was the usual problem which can be fixed by cleaning the contacts on the switches and the pcb. I opened the remote and clean it with alcohol. The remote did work again after that. But after one day, it did not work again. I opened it again and clean with alcohol and contact cleaner. Again it worked for 1 day and then quit working.

I use a universal remote and can control the receiver. That means the receiver has no problem in receiving IR signal.

But, I also found that whenever I press the buttons on the Pioneer remote control, the red led of the IR receiver of another equipment will light up for a second. (Other remote control for other equipment will do the same). Will this mean the Pioneer remote control is emitting IR signal? If yes, why the Pioneer receiver does not response to it?

Why the remote control just work right after cleaning only?

Could someone please give me some suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Re: Pioneer VSX-522-K remote control not working???

Are the contacts where the switch pad are they black looking if so then they are probably made from some type of carbon that has oxide in some way or there is not much of it left

I am not sure how you would or could repair it maybe someone else might be able to answer that question
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Re: Pioneer VSX-522-K remote control not working???

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
      Are the contacts where the switch pad are they black looking if so then they are probably made from some type of carbon that has oxide in some way or there is not much of it left

I am not sure how you would or could repair it maybe someone else might be able to answer that question
      Yes, the contacts are black.

Comment

Working...
      X