Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E248WFP power cycling off/on

Update:

After going well for several days yesterday the sod started exhibiting the same fault again.

I've just replaced 3 elect's on the inverter board, running it now to see how things go - 45 mins so far. If it still faults then I have 9 elect's that I will replace on the Signal board.

One thing I noticed yesterday is that 2 of the CCFL's look dimmer than the other 4 - this is where the light can be seen showing through the mounting brackets on the back of the panel where the wires enter. So it could also be a prob with the lamps, but the easiest/cheapest route if it faults again is to do the 9 caps replacement. I'm hoping (praying) that I can sort this monitor, it's going to be one of my sons presents for Christmas to use with a desktop I've set up for him.
    System: HP xw6600 Workstation, 650W PSU | 2x Intel Xeon Quad E5440 @2.83GHz | 8x 1GB FB-DDR2 @ 667MHz | Kingston/Intel X25-M 160GB SSD | 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3, RAID0 | 1x 1TB Spinpoint F3, backup | ATI FireGL V7700 512MB | Sony Optiarc DVD +/-RW | Win 7 Ultimate x64 | 2x Dell UltraSharp U2410f | Dell E248WFP

Comment

Re-capped both PSU and Logic boards - no difference.

Replaced Logic board - sorted.
      System: HP xw6600 Workstation, 650W PSU | 2x Intel Xeon Quad E5440 @2.83GHz | 8x 1GB FB-DDR2 @ 667MHz | Kingston/Intel X25-M 160GB SSD | 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3, RAID0 | 1x 1TB Spinpoint F3, backup | ATI FireGL V7700 512MB | Sony Optiarc DVD +/-RW | Win 7 Ultimate x64 | 2x Dell UltraSharp U2410f | Dell E248WFP

Comment

Hi dumpystig, where did you get the logic board for this monitor? I have the same issue and expect I may need to do some replacement, too. I'm not there yet, but...

thanks

Comment

eBay - a seller in Canada. I didn't come across a single one anywhere else after tons of searching. Here's a link to the same board up for sale right now -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250976810046

He's a genuine guy, and I was the only bidder so got it at that price, took about 10 days but I ordered it during the holidays.

After a lot of testing and cap replacements on the PSU and Logic boards I finally took an educated guess and put the fault down to a more complex problem with the Logic board, hence me taking a punt on another one. For me it paid off.

Good luck.
          Last edited by dumpystig; 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

If you detail exactly what happens with your monitor after you press the Power button I can let you know if it's behaving the same as mine was. It may help to give you a more definite pointer to it being the Logic board.

Comment

Thanks for the parts lead. I've been looking on ebay for a cheap beat-up used one that I can strip for parts.

Mine acts the same as yours. It normally comes on and works a while then starts powering off (no lights whatsoever) and on. I resoldered most of the through-hole points that were mostly caps but no change. The surface-mount components look pretty small on the main board. I'm afraid I might fry something with the soldering iron...

No doubt, it is getting worse. It's one of a triple monitor setup but it's unusable now. I don't want to go back to a different monitor that I have that's not matching the y=1200 px (mine's a 2007WFp but the guts look the same). I guess at this point there's not harm in trying to resolder those tiny little smt parts that I can hardly see. ;-) At least I know how to get it apart now :-)

Thanks again,

Mark

Comment

correction... I should have said mine is a 2007FPB, not 'W'...
                The guts look the same without comparing the part numbers.

Comment

The seller lists the numbers for the board, just compare with yours and see if they match.
                  I also copied his pic and then zoomed in a little, just to do a quick visual comparison.

Comment

thanks dumpy

Comment

Working...
                    X