Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sony kdl-46r473A went crazy after a while

hi all
    today i got this tv that except back hdmi port that dont work, is working fine for some time, then while watching tv channel through digital cable, tv stop, go black and a big noise start. if i open it the mediatek chip is really really hot

at first i think about bga need reballing , but this one is tsop with normal pins.

what can i do to start throubleshoting it ?

picture of mainboard and psu will follow later. need to open it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dellxps15; 08-21-2018, 09:54 AM.

Re: sony kdl-46r473A went crazy after a while

Bad regulator giving dirty power = overheating CPU and lockup?
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
      Bad regulator giving dirty power = overheating CPU and lockup?
      umh maybe, or maybe also some bad capacitor, but dunno what measure i have to do

Comment

for any TV of Sony when it had unusual Issue,need first to log in service menu diagnose mode to read any error, then reset to shipping condition

Comment

service mode say nothing. 0 error

one test i have made to the non working hdmi ( the one in the middle of the board) pin hot plug detection is shorted. if i track it it goes to the mediatek mt5367ZUHU chip.

so maybe a bad mediatek chip on this tv ? that chip when tv is turned on become really really hot.

Comment

i got a 2nd hand mainboard 50€ship included and now tv is fully working. im planning on buy that mediatek chip aswell and change it on the faulty board so i can fix it and sell after that

Comment

update: after 2 month around november 2018 i got the chip and replaced on the non working motherboard, and tv come back to life even with old board. now after 2 years, bad weather hit that tv again i looked on the pwoblem and tv was booting and showing as normal, but chip start heating up again... so i replaced the chip, but now it sometimes power on as normal and sometimes its like dead.... bad chip or bad board?

Comment

Working...
              X