iPhone 7 keeps restarting infinitely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone 7 keeps restarting infinitely

Hello, I have an iPhone 7 that is stuck in a bootloop. After the Apple logo, screen turns off and it restarts in a loop.

If I remove the front camera/proximity sensor the problem goes away and the phone turns on normaly. I replaced the front camera with a new one but the problem returns again.
    I would apreciate any help.

Re: iPhone 7 keeps restarting infinitely

Ok, after some more testing I figured out that the cracked home button was the problem. Can it be replaced?

Comment

hi, search for jc home button for ip 7 , but replacing home button would mean you would lose your touch id.

Comment

Hi,

I guess you may have solved your problem. But if your iPhone 7 is still in a boot loop, you may try these ways:

You can force restart your iPhone by pressing the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously;

Or restore your iPhone through iTunes;

Or use a powerful repair tool like TunesKit iOS System Recovery to get your iPhone out of boot loop.

Comment

Hi. Do watch the videos here on the topic:

https://blog.puls.com/iphone-7-loop-disease

This guy discovered the fault and Apple had a class action law suit against them that covered the repair costs for at least the iPhone 6 I believe.

If I recall correctly, the issue is that over time, the audio ic becomes undone off the pcb due to the pcb layout and where the audio ic is located. Due to repeated stress in this part of the pcb, the audio ic is no longer able to communicate with the host i2c interface. The host i2c controller then keeps retrying / looping the os to find this missing audio ic.

Your issue could very well be the same. Many videos on this fault and repair on youtube.

I would suggest that you contact this same repair shop to ask for their advice. I believe that he is in Spain. Kudos to him for this discovery.

Please do update this thread with your progress.
          Last edited by mon2; 03-25-2021, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Audio issue phones have not bootlooped for over a year now, unless the phone has a very old iOS on it.

Audio IC itself doesn't get loose. Only one certain trace gets a microfracture and that's enough for it to stop working.

Comment

Oh. Hope you solved your question.
              Last edited by Yeritan21; 04-23-2021, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X