Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 19 polaroid tla-01911c

Originally posted by littlegrey View Post
    Hi all, My name is Jack and I have been a tv tech and owned 3 shops over the past 30 years and had one of these polaroids come in for repair.

Some of the caps were pouched at the top and leaky on the pwr supply board so I replaced all the caps so I wouldnt be in a hit/miss situation.

Well let me back up, it came in for repair due to it shutting down,, from a dead cold start the display would light up approx one minute, then after it was warm it would only stay on for maybe 15 seconds so I figured it was a cap(s).

Well as said I replaced em all to no avail.
    so I checked all the diodes/transistors on the pwr supply board and all checked good.
    Well I finally put my ear down to the inverter transformers and could hear a almost inaudable arc type sound coming from what sounded like the top of the inverter that feeds the top half of the display and it was silen for about 10 seconds then it would sound like it was arcing.

So I came across this site here and tried the 820k ohm resistor to no avail accross each feed.

So i sat it aside for a few days and was digging for parts out of some boxes I had for another computer repair and noticed i had a 15inch straight pc monitor that the screen was busted on and was for parts, well i tore it apart and used the feeds from it for the lights to try on the polaroid, come to find out it was the 2nd feed from the top line from the inverter to the lights that was bad as it worked and stayed on hooked to the test unit.

So i just thought I would let all here know that ,,thats prolly the problem u may be having however it might not be the same buld giving u this problem as it could be the other top buld or even one of the lower ones
    huh do you mean the wire going to the tube was bad or the line on the pcb was bad please be more spicific

Comment

Re: 19 polaroid tla-01911c

No power on led or any action pulled apart tv checked capacitors with a bk esr meter tested bad but pulled out test good? This is not the first tv that had this problem.
      Last edited by jeremos; 07-04-2012, 02:48 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...
      X