Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HP dv6-1304el] LP156WH2-TLQ1 backlight issue

Hello everyone!
    My friend gave me his broken laptop and now I want to try to repair it.
    It is an "Hp Pavilion dv6-1304el" and the LED is "LG LP156WH2-TLQ1".

There is a flash backlight when starting the laptop but it fast disappear and it's possible to see picture, only when using a flashlight. Connected to an external monitor works without problems.

I have taken out the LED but I haven't saw nothing of unusual.
    If I buy a replecement broken led(also a different model like this LP156WH2-TLQA ) , can I take the backlight system from it or can it be a problem on the motherboard?
    Thanks!

Re: [HP dv6-1304el] LP156WH2-TLQ1 backlight issue

yes, in addition to the screen, it is also possible that the mainboard or the screen cable are faulty.

Comment

If the backlight sometimes lasts for a few minutes (even about 30 minutes) and also, if I close and reopen the screen quickly (without closing it completely), the backlight will work again. (even if for a short while)
      Could it be that the problem is just about the cable? Or can't we completely rule out a problem with LCD electronics?
      Thank you for quick response
      Last edited by onlyseries; 01-15-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyseries View Post
        If the backlight sometimes lasts for a few minutes (even about 30 minutes) and also, if I close and reopen the screen quickly (without closing it completely), the backlight will work again. (even if for a short while)
        Could it be that the problem is just about the cable? Or can't we completely rule out a problem with LCD electronics?
        Thank you for quick response
        sounds like cable problem.

There is a cheap easy way to fix, but you will not be able to control the light.

check on youtube "electronic repair school backlight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBB1L5F-VZg

I hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by iplaypty View Post
          sounds like cable problem.

There is a cheap easy way to fix, but you will not be able to control the light.

check on youtube "electronic repair school backlight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBB1L5F-VZg

I hope it helps
          Thank you very much for the video, very useful even just for personal knowledge!

Now, unfortunately, I can't test it on my friend's computer, because I've returned it. He also warned me that it has now magically returned to work. (so I'm taking for granted that it's just a false contact, as in the video)

Comment

Working...
          X