X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

going to take a bit of work if OP has no experience

dmm black probe in COM socket.red probe V MA socket

what voltage with power lead plugged in do you see on the input power cable?,measure directly off the 2 mains pins.you should see 120 ish volts there.

check fuse on circuit board,(white one),meter set to ohms,should read very low resistance or meter will beep,this indicates good fuse
    fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
    please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Got my meter today. Picture attached.

Also attached are pictures of PS pins, and of IC and diode that have been the culprits in other similar threads about my model.

D0951 - Tried testing following instructions that came with my DMM. I get 215 one way and "1" the other way.

IC901 - I don't know how to test this.

I now understand that the first step is to test voltage on the pins on the secondary side of the board. Is this something I can do while the television is unplugged? I'm guessing not.

I've disconnected the power cable to the main board, and another smaller cable that went from power board to main board. Photo attached.

I've had TV unplugged for a few days. Is there anything I can test while large caps are discharged?

Should I leave boards in TV or take them out?

NB: Please use plain English and avoid terminology when possible.

Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-20-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

d0951 is fine

part number of ic901?

you need to measure dc voltages with power plugged in but tv not turned on,all boards hooked back up

meter set to dc v, ground will be your chassis the metal casing,your black probe will go here,and the red probe to each pin in turn

mark all pins down with tests

pin 1 stby 5.3v

pin 2 bl_on 3.3v

and so on,,,,

do this on all the connectors you see
        Last edited by multimeter; 01-20-2014, 04:41 PM.
        fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Okay here I go. If I don't report back, you'll know what happened.

That IC is hard to read. A6069H SK803 23BP.

Can I use mounting screw as ground? The chassis is far away.
          Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-20-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NihonNoir View Post

mounting screw fine..

Comment

Oh yeah - is this my service manual?

Comment

this is your power ic,pin one will have a dot on the surface

count anti-clockwise,you will have to check pins 3 and 5 ,with your meter on 200 ohm resistance,report the reading back,when you have done the voltage testing

Comment

Oh yeah - is this my service manual?
                  looks like it,lets see how testing goes.it could be a mainboard flash problem,eek

Comment

Did the IC before plugging TV in. Is that okay?

I got 2.5 on pin 3 and 18.0 on pin 5. Not sure if I did it right, and it fluctuates with any tiny little movement of my hand.

Okay doing voltages now . . .

Comment

Did the IC before plugging TV in. Is that okay?

I got 2.5 on pin 3 and 18.0 on pin 5. Not sure if I did it right, and it fluctuates with any tiny little movement of my hand.

Okay doing voltages now . . .
                      sorry my fault,black probe on pin 3 red on pin 5,it may need removing to get a good reading,but see what the resistance is between those 2 pins

power off and unplugged for that test

Comment

Okay, I plugged TV in, poked black lead into mounting screw and red lead into each pin. DMM on DCV 20. Touched all pins in photo.

Got 0 on all of them. Paid special attention to STB5V because that's the only one I'm supposed to get a reading on, right? Got nothing.

I did remove the cables to make it easier to touch the pins.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I plugged TV in, poked black lead into mounting screw and red lead into each pin. DMM on DCV 20. Touched all pins in photo.

Got 0 on all of them. Paid special attention to STB5V because that's the only one I'm supposed to get a reading on, right? Got nothing.

I did remove the cables to make it easier to touch the pins.
                          the 5 v should be there ,those readings are with the tv plugged in ,but not switched on?just double check.

then turn the tv on and do the same measurements for voltages

on both tests keep the mainboard connected,and just squeeze your probes down the side of the cables

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                            sorry my fault,black probe on pin 3 red on pin 5,it may need removing to get a good reading,but see what the resistance is between those 2 pins

power off and unplugged for that test
                            Man, this takes a lot of dexterity.

Black lead on pin 3, red lead on pin 5 - I got a "1".

Comment

the 5 v should be there ,those readings are with the tv plugged in ,but not switched on?just double check.

then turn the tv on and do the same measurements for voltages

on both tests keep the mainboard connected,and just squeeze your probes down the side of the cables
                              Correct, I didn't press the power button.

Let me try again with the cables attached.

Comment

Man, this takes a lot of dexterity.

Black lead on pin 3, red lead on pin 5 - I got a "1".
                                no short to ground there,there is a mosfet in there ,sort that out in a bit

Comment

Okay, TV plugged in, didn't press power button.
                                  DMM - DCV 20
                                  Black lead on mounting screw, red lead poked into areas marked in photos. I pushed the lead as far in as it would go. Tried both sides of where wire goes into plastic connector.

Nothing. Paid special attention to STB5V - nothing.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Okay, TV plugged in, didn't press power button.
                                    DMM - DCV 20
                                    Black lead on mounting screw, red lead poked into areas marked in photos. I pushed the lead as far in as it would go. Tried both sides of where wire goes into plastic connector.

Nothing. Paid special attention to STB5V - nothing.
                                    and do the same with power turned on as if you wanted to watch tv,and measure voltage on all pins

there is a fault in the standby circuit it seems.or pfc circuit isnt working.

under the large heatsheild there is a large capacitor,can you see the legs?,and could you get your probes in there for the next test?.....

Comment

Repeated test after pressing power button once. Same results.
                                      Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-20-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

and do the same with power turned on as if you wanted to watch tv,and measure voltage on all pins

there is a fault in the standby circuit it seems.or pfc circuit isnt working.

under the large heatsheild there is a large capacitor,can you see the legs?,and could you get your probes in there for the next test?.....
                                        Do I have to test that capacitor while the TV is plugged in?

Comment

Do I have to test that capacitor while the TV is plugged in?
                                          you need to check it twice,once just plugged in with wall switch on and tv off,and once with tv turned right on..

but first on the black connector with the black and white mains in wires are

with all plugged in and wall switch on,but not tv on,what voltage do you read?,set your meter to AC volts this time (highest setting),need to find your voltage to see what should be on that cap when powerd up,

your in the high voltage primary section now,so be carefull!,and watch where your sticking the probes
                                          Last edited by multimeter; 01-20-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X