Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oscilloscope suggestion?

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    Cool, adding the GDS to my list. Anything else comparable to that?
    None !!

Comment

Did they make some improvements to the DS2072 at Rigol? Been just told the waiting time for GDS-2072A is 5 weeks but I can have DS2072 about now. Looking at it, it has "somewhat" better specs than I remember.

Seen that 14 Mpts memory? Remember how excited you have been about GW Instek's 2 Mpts? This is seven times as much Also there's factory built-in ethernet while only optional for GDS-2072A.
      Last edited by Behemot; 05-23-2013, 03:25 AM.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
        Do you find the small screen annoying?
        Yes. I'm thinking of upgrading in the near future. I've made enough from my repairs that I'll be able to sell my DS1102E soon and upgrade to e.g. a DS2072 but I want them to sort out all the bugs first. However, the DS1102E is more than good enough for most people. It's just I want something more powerful for more advanced stuff I'll be doing in the future.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Note a few guys have hacked their Rigols to get better speed: http://hackaday.com/2013/05/16/rigol...-100mhz-speed/
          It looks some models they build to the higher speed, but cripple in firmware.

Comment

I don't neccesarily need high frequency capability as I'd use 20 MHz cap mostly anyway. But the rest like high sample rate, powerfull processor (e. g. the DS1062 is not capable of drawing the wavelines on 1 ms/div and more) and adequate memory.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
              Did they make some improvements to the DS2072 at Rigol? Been just told the waiting time for GDS-2072A is 5 weeks but I can have DS2072 about now. Looking at it, it has "somewhat" better specs than I remember.

Seen that 14 Mpts memory? Remember how excited you have been about GW Instek's 2 Mpts? This is seven times as much Also there's factory built-in ethernet while only optional for GDS-2072A.
              I have some info regarding the hardware part of your question.

http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=478.0

There is also a new GW Instek video which would be interesting to watch too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5Va_jbUo0oc

My personal view about 100MHz & 2GS & 2M, when you activate this aquisition mode in single chanel, it looks like a fish net capable to capture a whale.
              When some one with a RIGOL in his hand likes to brag about the bennefits of it a bit slower and longer memory, he will mention long time aquisitions that is an equiveland function to data logging, which I do not believe that the large majority of users really need.

I was in your path, I was trying too to earn some confidence of what to get from the two, by placing the numbers side by side so to discover the winner of the two.
              My final choice was made by adding in the equation the 80,000 wfms/s which no software or prayers to God can offer this performance.

http://www.ittsb.eu/GDS-2102A%20Wfms%20measurments.html
              Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 05-24-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
                When some one with a RIGOL in his hand likes to brag about the bennefits of it a bit slower and longer memory, he will mention long time aquisitions that is an equiveland function to data logging, which I do not believe that the large majority of users really need.]
                In my case, why not. The DS1062 is not that good in this as well so I don't use it, but being able to take readings for a minute or so and than select the worst parameters really makes a difference for finding the highest ripple

Comment

Internet looks empty to me of How-to videos about getting the max of your scope in many applications, and ripple measurements is one of them too.

I would love to see a video of what you are doing there, so to understand the value of your tecnicue.

Comment

Well nothing special, using built-in peak-to-peak measuring and for the most parts taking readings while being displayed. But using longer memory and finding the highest P2P, while also being able to find the exact peak, confirm it with my eyes AND take a picture of that particular peak, would be improvement.

Anyway, from my understanding, I will be getting Rigol DS2072. I think it is more or less on par with GDS-2072A, if there are any flaws in FW, there is possibility of upgrades in the future and there should be 3 year warranty which covers eventual manufacturing flaws. Wha't most importat, I will get it next week, the other at most. GDS-2072A is not on stock yet and I wold have to wait over another month for it.

Comment

I was waiting five months for something better than those DS2000 to come in the market.
                      Either way you did made your choice and so this topic made it cycle.
                      Good luck.

Comment

Wohoo, this was quick…got it here all right

Comment

Working...
                        X