Vestel Firmware - Toshiba 32W133DN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel Firmware - Toshiba 32W133DN

Hello, i have an old Toshiba 32W1333DN (sorry, misspelled the headline) TV that had the standby led green/red flashing and no lightup problem, i repaired it by measure the led output as suspect led problem, i measured the LED:s one by one and found one bad led, i replaced the the led-straps and the TV works.

Now i need to update the software because the new rc "RM-L890" does not work and i think maybe it could be an firmware issue?, i have struggled to find it without any success because all of the links where invalid, i contacted Toshiba but they do not support this model and refer to the reseller, i contacted Netonnet where sold the TV and they where very helpful but Toshiba said that they do not send firmware anymore and the only way to upgrade it was by internet.
    So i connected the TV on internet via Boxer IE-tv but the encoded path to firmware server link was obselete and and failed (but a newer tv successfully updated), contacted Toshiba again to explain that the only solution is flashing via USB (zp-files).

Very sad that they refuse support like this.

Can anyone help me with a download link to any valid firmware server or is this only for registered repair shop or resellers since regza took over?
    It seams to be a lot more difficult to get access to firmware nowadays?
    btw - Is it possible to upgrade via USB witout push "ok" button on rc, like push "return" and ok at the backside of the tv?

TOSHIBA 32W1333DN (W1333) (17MB95S-1) Firmware: V2.1.4A (2013-09-17), should be V3.6.3C

Serial.Nr. F060J8Y21430K2
    10095246 1502500097
    VEL_LCM VES315WNDS-2D-R02_IPS11_32185_MB95
    VESTEL: 17IPS11 300413-R4
    MAIN BOARD: 10095246 23252113 437 32" 27310669 DIJ 219z
    Last edited by anlu; 02-04-2023, 01:12 AM.

Re: Vestel Firmware - Toshiba 32W133DN

are you sure that is the correct remote control having a quick look online they are saying its a RC1910

Comment

Toshiba update 3.6.3c
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        are you sure that is the correct remote control having a quick look online they are saying its a RC1910
        Hello vinceroger69, thank you for your reply, i do not really know other than that the seller declared that the rc is supported my tv model, but i that may be the simple reason?
        Thank you.
        Best regards Anders

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
          Toshiba update 3.6.3c
          Hello Lotas, unbelievable, an answer with firmware almost direct.
          Thank you very much for the effort.!!

It seams like the TV manufacturer have closed the access to firmware and scematics more and more for end consumer..
          Many thanks Lotas, topclass!!
          Last edited by anlu; 02-04-2023, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Toshiba update 3.6.3c
            Hello Lotas, sorry for late answer but have waited for the new rc (RC-1910) that worked perfectly, but when i tried to upgrade via USB (lower port only, otherwise can be bricked) and press RC "OK" while power on mechanicle switch at the backside and keep pressing rc "OK" until fw flash start, nothing happends.

Both "3.6.3c.part1.zip" and "3.6.3c.part1.zip" (different sizes) contain the same file "v3_6_3c_Low_config" and both decompress a file named - "upgrade_mb90.bin" - and they seams to be identical ?

In the Service manual for model "32W1333DB" (my tv model is "32W1333DN") it should be 3 files.
            Mb95_en.bin
            mboot.bin
            usb_auto_update_T4.txt

I also found that 32W1333DB" firmware file name "UPG02 "on the net and contains this three files:
            mb90_en.bin
            mboot.bin
            usb_auto_update_A1.txt

Is it the same "mboot.bin" file that cover many models or is this file also model specific?
            When i look inside the txt file "usb_auto_update_A1.txt" it contains a lot of start adresses and i understand that this is very sensitive to be very model specific and use of the wrong files will most likely brick the main board as i understod.

Can you please give me some more information, or please may have the missing files?
            Best regards Anders
            Last edited by anlu; 02-17-2023, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Try this thread, post 3. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52483

Comment

Hello Lotas and thank you for your reply, i have read that thread and many others, all i could find, In that thread user "ReeceyBurger123" says
                - "UPDATE ALL FOUND SOMTHING FOR YOU: This firmware works for ALL 17MB95 boards, the screen info is written to this but if you delete that you can use the Mboot to udpate the Tvs overall core firmware."

As i understand the "mboot.bin" may cover several models?
                But the file you sended me - "upgrade_mb90.bin" - is specific to my tv, but the text file most likely is model specific, or can i use "mboot.bin" and "usb_auto_update_T4.txt" file from "32W1333DB" fw and just add your file "upgrade_mb90.bin" ?

He says "delete screen info (edit model specific .txt file), but this seams high risc if i donĀ“t know exactly what i am doing.
                This is the text file from "32W1333DB" "UPG02" fw files
                Best regards anlu
                Attached Files
                Last edited by anlu; 02-17-2023, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Hello - UPGRADE SUCCESSFULL.

I used the file
                  - "upgrade_mb90.bin" dated 2015-02-20 provided by member "Lotas earlier in this thread and the folowing files
                  File - "mboot.bin"
                  File - "usb_auto_update_A1"
                  from zip file "UPG02" provided by member "ReeceyBurger123" and that sucessfully worked on my TV.
                  The file - - "upgrade_mb90.bin" from ip file "UPG02" is the same size but dated 2013-12-12 and do not know if there is any differences?

IMPORTANT - Insert the FAT32 USB-stick with this three files at the root-catalog and OB in the lower USB-port ONLY back on the YV, otherwise the main board can be bricked.

On my TV solution 1. Press button "OK" on rc (Remote control) and hold at the same time press "Power button ON" at the backside of the TV did not work, but eneter the menu and then enter code "1505" on the rc showed a meny "Upgrade from USB Yes/No" and then it worked as a charm.

This firmware did work on my 32W1333DN" tv and du you have another model other than specified here
                  32W1333DB
                  32W1333DG
                  32W1333DN
                  i recommend asking member "ReeceyBurger123"
                  as in this thread says it should work on more models, BUT BE CAREFUL, using wrong firmware can cause problems as some models use screen upside down and then the picture will be upside down etc
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52483

I also atached the service manual.
                  Compatible rc is: RC-1910

THANK YOU for all good tips and support, hope this will help anyone.
                  Best regards anlu
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by anlu; 02-17-2023, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anlu View Post
                    Hello - UPGRADE SUCCESSFULL.

I used the file
                    - "upgrade_mb90.bin" dated 2015-02-20 provided by member "Lotas earlier in this thread and the folowing files
                    File - "mboot.bin"
                    File - "usb_auto_update_A1"
                    from zip file "UPG02" provided by member "ReeceyBurger123" and that sucessfully worked on my TV.
                    The file - - "upgrade_mb90.bin" from ip file "UPG02" is the same size but dated 2013-12-12 and do not know if there is any differences?

IMPORTANT - Insert the FAT32 USB-stick with this three files at the root-catalog and OB in the lower USB-port ONLY back on the YV, otherwise the main board can be bricked.

On my TV solution 1. Press button "OK" on rc (Remote control) and hold at the same time press "Power button ON" at the backside of the TV did not work, but eneter the menu and then enter code "1505" on the rc showed a meny "Upgrade from USB Yes/No" and then it worked as a charm.

This firmware did work on my 32W1333DN" tv and du you have another model other than specified here
                    32W1333DB
                    32W1333DG
                    32W1333DN
                    i recommend asking member "ReeceyBurger123"
                    as in this thread says it should work on more models, BUT BE CAREFUL, using wrong firmware can cause problems as some models use screen upside down and then the picture will be upside down etc
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52483

I also atached the service manual.
                    Compatible rc is: RC-1910

THANK YOU for all good tips and support, hope this will help anyone.
                    Best regards anlu
                    Working firmware
                    Last edited by anlu; 02-17-2023, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Hello, this firmware was working on my TV

I can not atach the Firmware rar file for some reason, but use the file "upgrade_mb90.bin" (extracted from .exe file in the "3.6.3c.part1.rar " file atached by "Lotas" earlier in this thread, then use the other two files from "UPG02 (32W1333DB).rar" you will be in an working solution.
                      Last edited by anlu; 02-17-2023, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Ok!

Comment

Working...
                        X