Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hitachi 55HDs69 plasma No VS,VA, bad buffer

Hi fa8 ~

That makes perfect sense. I don’t have a heat gun at the moment, so I did another search for a new, replacement board this morning. I found one for $60 (most are closer to $90), and that seller agreed to lower the price from $60 to only $30. A great deal, I thought, so I bought it. I think it’s going to fix all the remainder problems.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if this Hitachi set works after I replace the board. I really appreciate all your help these last few days! Your spot-on assessments and assistance really sped this process up.

Comment

Good deal no problems. Let us know if it fixes the tv!
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hello fa8 ~

Just a quick update. I got the new SDR-D board in from the dealer in Florida the other day and, unfortunately, it appears to be defective too. Straight out of the box, I found two shorts on the uppermost connector, almost but not quite on the same pins as the tv’s original SDR-D.

Kind of ironic. Similarly, those exact same three blue caps on the new Florida board were giving off very low resistance readings on the Ohms scale (around single digits, whereas I think they all should be reading around 680 .... as all six do on the working SDR-U board).

So, it appears that the uppermost IC is bad on this new board as well, and is affecting those same three blue caps in the same compromising manner.

Does that sound right to you?

I put this Florida SDR-D board into the set. first with the working SDR-U out and then with it in, and both times I got what I expected —— no picture at all but sound continues to work.

I was able to confirm, through a series of tests, that the Y-Sus board is in working order because I was able to get perfectly matched up voltage readings on the upper 25 pins as compared to the lower 25. So, proper power and voltage is definitely getting through the Y-SUS and heading out to the SDR buffer boards.

Time to return the board to the dealer in Florida and get a refund, do you think? Or, am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your reply and advice.

~ kca

Comment

Did you purcahe this board on eBay? Bet the seller never tested the board. Most likely from a cracked panel which had already previously shorted the board. I don't understand why people try to power up a TV with a cracked panel and expect it to work.... SMH

Comment

I agree.

I actually bought that through a website called Bonanza. Took a chance on it. Didn’t work out, but the good news is that the vendor gave me an immediate refund of the $30.00 and even told me to keep that board.

I’m getting a new SDR-D board mailed in from a shop in Indiana. Should arrive this afternoon. I’ll post and let you know if it works. I have a related question. This Hitachi 55HDS69 set has a strange blemish (see attached images) on the screen. It’s on the bottom half. The guy I got it from said it did not affect the overall viewing of the picture back when the set was working last year. I trust him, so I don’t think there’s a great danger of this new SDR-D from Indiana blowing out because of it. But, I’ve tried to rub it out somewhat vigorously with a microfiber cloth to no avail. Haven’t tried any liquid solutions of any kind. Just wondering if you’ve seen this type of thing before and if you’ve had any luck eliminating it from the screen. Can’t tell for absolute sure if it’s on the outer surface glass (it appears to be), or if it really resides on the inner glass panel and it really just reflecting a “shadow image” onto the outer glass.

One other thought: Have you ever had any luck sending a board out for repair? I was thinking about taking that $30.00 board from Florida and having someone fix what I think is a singularly bad IC and see if they can bring it back to life.

Thanks, fa8. Your answers always prove very insightful and helpful!

~ kca
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kca; 03-21-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

That is a very odd blemish for sure. Sense this TV is built with a dual pane glass I would only hope that it's something that is laying on the inside and has nothing to do with the panel itself. Which IC blew out on your old buffer board does it appear to be the one that's in line with that blemish?

Comment

Good news!

Got the new board, tested it thoroughly before use, put it in and it fired up perfectly.

If I had to guess, the bad IC on both the original buffer board and on the Florida buffer was the uppermost one. I think the blemish corresponded to the 2nd IC down. Maybe even the 3rd. I felt safe enough to give it a try and it’s all been working flawlessly for almost 3 hours now. See pics below.

As far as the blemish goes, I think someone probably hit the screen with a broom handle or something of the like. Has kind of a “swiped” look to it when you see it in person. Luckily, you really don’t notice it at all when the screen image is populated. And, just like you said a couple weeks ago, those blue, sparking flecks that I was getting with only the SDR-U buffer in are now completely gone. It has 1080i resolution, so the picture is pretty crisp and clear.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by kca; 03-21-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Ignore the upside-down orientations of the pics above.

I was not standing on my head with joy when it worked. But I was close.
                  Last edited by kca; 03-21-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Good job! Those Hitachis put out a decent picture! Enjoy!

Comment

Hey fa8 ~

Thanks! It’s still working great! Trying to sell it for $250. We’ll see.

I was hoping, when you have time to do so, if you could take a look at a couple of other posts I made here to which I didn’t get much of a reply. I am thinking your insights can help me to decide what to do with a 51” Samsung and a 50” Hitachi, both of which I need to tackle next.

Below, I have copied and pasted the exact titles I used for these posts here on Badcaps. If you could take a look at those and respond on those threads I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance ~

kca

Samsung PN51F5300 Vertical Pixelation Issue

Hitachi P50S601 ~ Green Vertical Lines throughout
                      Last edited by kca; 03-27-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X