This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am Xander from Philippines, I am a computer technician laptop and cellphone technician here in our place for more than 12 years, I am 39 years old. I am joining this forum to share and to get ideas specially that technology evolves so fast. I hope I could share some pointers here and I can some pointers too.I enjoy doing this job while earning.Good day to all and have a god health always.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Old, retiree trying to fix my dead A1398 Laptop landed on this site.

Comment

Hello everyone

Just a newbie trying to fix my laptop, this look really an awesome forum

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi Badcaps forum.
            I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to component level Board repair and i stumbled across this forum while i was searching for boardviews for a asus X555UJ board that doesn't have power.
            I'm a Tech enthusiast and love everything related to Technology, it's just such a wide Field and extremely faceted and rich.
            I'm from Germany, and was born and raised in Franconia where i still live today. I'm basically a DevOps Engineer in training (Officially SRE) and enjoying that challenge a lot.
            I have to say that i'm very happy that i was already helped out by someone here even as a completely new member and i appreciate that a lot.

looking forward to being here.
            Greetings from franconia.

Comment

Hello, everyone.
              I am happy to join this wonderful forum.

Comment

Hello, everyone.
                I am here to contribute and seek help as a electronics technician.
                I work in this field but currently im stuck on repairing my TV, i need some advice.
                Thank you!

Comment

My name is Travis and I'm going to uni for EE and CS and want to get good at board repair with a focus on GPU repair. GPUs are so cool!

Comment

Hello, im trying to be the best in that wolrd and im gonna make i.

Comment

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I've been playing around with electronics since my Atarii 2600 broke, and I had to use a soldering gun to fix the power connection. In a way I miss CRTs, and in another way I don't. They had great pictures and were easy to use. But they weren't great with connecting PCs or getting the proper timings so there was that.

Looking to fix my Samsung, and that's why I'm here.

Comment

Hi. I've dropped in to this forum many times over the years looking for obscure information on a variety of things and it has usually delivered. I'm now taking the plunge and joined because I find that I now have a lot more time (recovering from hip surgery complications unfortunately) and have got very interested in BIOS in particular.

As regards my background: I am a UK based qualified 'Radio and TV Mechanic'! That's what my certificates say but hell - that was back in 1973! I was originally working as an audio engineer (still one of my major interests) and since then I have worked in Electronics one way or another (soon be 50 years!). These days I'm more involved in software than hardware but like to 'keep my hand in' and still enjoy using a soldering iron.

Hope that I can continue to learn and hopefully contribute here on occassions.

Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I am from Finland and interested to fix computers and car electronics.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
                            My name is Manuel .
                            Happy to be here

Comment

Hi All
                              Alexie here not new here but starting clean slate

Comment

Hello,
                                My name is n3o.
                                Happy to be here, hope that somebody help me

Comment

hello from VA (USA)
                                  Brett here (eewannabe). i have a BSEE, used to work on embedded systems (mainly sw) and then wrote code for several years...now i manage people...but i tell myself that i can still write code

found this forum on search for fixing a Polk subwolfer. looks like a great forum

Comment

Hi. My name is Zsolti Bitter and i am from Slovakia (but i have hungarian nationality). When i was younger i was more interested in electronics, since then it faded but sometimes i repair some electronics so we dont have to throw them away. a few weeks ago i have repaired a printer- it could ot print because of faulty sensor of black colour, even at full cartridge it showed empty cartridge, i managed to hack it by shorting the copper pads on the printhead. Now the priter is fully usable again. Now i am encountering problems with my Samsung TV and i decided to ask for help on this forum. I hope this place will be nice pace to learn from valuable people Have a nice day

Comment

Hello everyone. My name's Josh, I live in the USA, and I enjoy tinkering and messing around with anything computer/electronic related. Currently, I work on cars for a living, but recently have been thinking more about a side hobby/hustle trying to fix up and sell broken computers/electronics. Stumbled on to this site and so far it's been really helpful. I hope to one day be able to add some knowledge back.

Comment

Hi all, Rob from the Netherlands here. I joined badcaps as from what I've reading so far may help me to extend my knowledge on electronics, which is my hobby. Love to repair all kinds of electronic devices and hope to learn more here but also helping others with their problems.

Comment

Hello my name is Rob and I am new to this forum. I have worked in the petroleum industry for 35 years and that is where I was introduced to electronics and computers. The industry evolved from mechanical equipment to high tech electronics over the years and as a tech I had to learn new skills and techniques to do the job correctly. I am hoping this forum will be a good learning tool and maybe I can share any knowledge I can offer to help someone else. I am in the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania, USA.

Comment

Working...
                                          X