X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everybody,

Just found the forumn, looks pretty helpful. I'm a retired guy now with a background in software. Went to EET school at Green River Community College, Auburn, Wa way back in 77 and 78. Dabbling in a few unworking TVs and such. One is a Vizio 42. I am checking the info provided here to see if I can fix it.
    Thanks All

mmeredithx,

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm writing from Rome, as a hobby I repair monitors, notebooks, I hope to learn a lot in this community and maybe help someone....
      If I write something wrong in English have patience : Bow: : Bow:

Comment

Hello from Dosolutions in Southern Vermont.
        I run a small computer consulting company and specialize in selling used (working) pc's. I have replaced many many caps and have been working on LCD's this week.

Thanks for all the great resources! And, lets see if we could not get a better solar mouse picture eh?

-Daniel

Comment

As a new member I came here to learn more about replacing caps in power supplies. I am 71 yrs young and have some experience in electronic equipment. US Navy repairs, big blue for 30 yrs. I work on cars and everything that cost money to fix.
          Thank you for letting me join

Redcap

Comment

Hello from Colorado..

I repaired my first LCD monitor (a 2yr old LG) a couple years ago by scavenging capacitors from an old motherboard. I am happy to say it's still working fine.

A few months ago two newer monitors (Samsung and Acer) died and last week I decided to dive into them.
            I came across this site while searching for a list of good/crap caps and found that caps are sold here as well. So I ordered a re-cap for both and finished installing them today.

The good: Samsung's working again (using it now)
            The bad: Acer still has problems.

Anyway, I thought I'd drop a post on the forum here and see if anyone can help with my issue.

Comment

I found this site after following a link regarding problems with my Samsung LCD TV. I followed the advice and fixed my $2000 LCD (wife overpaid when they first came out but it was a great present) for 4 bucks.

Being an electronic tech in one form or another for 25 years I thought I would join to thank the guys who posted the fix and maybe help on other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch0069 View Post
                Welcome oreynid. we like to have fun here.

we also manage to answer questions too.
                Hi I am LeSaint and I love repair of electronics / electrical equipments in my free time as I work as Customer Service Manager for a company dealing in the Hotel & Restaurant Industry.

I fell on Badcaps while looking for information on a PCB for a Peltier Cooling system for a Wine Cooler.

Thanks for your welcome and I hope to get some helpful info from the forum and maybe share some of my experiences with you guys.

LeSaint

Comment

Hi,

This forum took me back to my schooldays. I was on a technical school, loved soldering, creating schematics. But business brought me to Apple computers, now that I´v found this forum I cleaned my oszi, cleaned my desk and installed everything I need for doing my loved electronics! ;-)) the only thing I´m missing is a good schematics prog on Macs. I tried spice, but no luck ;-(

Aaaaaand sorry for my english, I´m from Europe ...

and a big thxxx to toasty and all the other guys bringin in their knowledge!

Comment

What's old is new...Re: New Members - please post

OK, so welcome to the group....

I was drawn here in search of troubleshooting information, found the forum, liked it and registered.

My online name is my Amateur Radio callsign. Those of you familiar with Ham Radio will know how to find out more. I hold an Amateur Extra license in the US (KD3RF) and a + license in Canada (call sign in Canada is VE2DXY).

I've been known to hold a soldering iron on occasion, and am well familiar with the older vacuum tube technology for those old enough to remember. I will also dabble in the newer realms too, but find the surface mount parts much too small for my 200 Watt Weller gun and Turner Propane torch.

Thanks to the hosts for the plethora of information. Saves time and is entertaining to boot.

73 de Andy V, KD3RF

Comment

hi i'm narf17969 haven't worked in tv repair in ten years , a lot rusty ,my bro asked me to have a look at his technica 32-209v which blanks a few mins after switch on,so its great to read posts which make some sense to me

Comment

hello everyone!

Comment

Hi, just here looking for information! Thanks!

Comment

My name is Ken. I am retired (One of the only people that have time to repair their old electronic stuff). My LCD monitor failed last ear, and thanks to this forum, I replaced a few capacitors and it's working fine. Now I have inherited a broken Vizio 26" TV that I hope to repair for my son. Wish me luck...

Ken

Comment

Looks like I'm the FNG for now. Hello everyone.

Comment

Hello from Germany!
                                I just fixed my Samsung SyncMaster 913N with the help of this Forum. THANK YOU!
                                I added the additional resistor between pin 5 and 6 on the microprocessor. I didnt use 50 Ohms but 75 Ohms. This raised the Voltage on Pin 6 on my board to 4.5V. Seems to work stable for now. I will let you know whet it kills itself.
                                With kind Regards
                                Spassbass
                                Last edited by spassbass; 09-07-2011, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Hey, thanks guys for the welcome, glad to be here. Well I'm Trevor Lee in my 60's doing electronics from in the 50's ok and I'm still at it to-day. will tell a little more of myself later, thanks again Guys, nuff respect.

Comment

Hey all! Found this site while searching for info on my Samsung 205bw flashing screen problem. Sounds like a common situation for sure! I first thought I had a bad video card or driver and put off messing with it because the monitor worked most of the time. Now it just sits there and winks and blinks at me, not in a good way.

I live on the left coast, in Oregon, USA and have been puttering with electronics and things since I was knee high to a short frog. I have no real training in electronics but tons of practical experience (Ask my wife about the time I hard wired past a fuse on a computer power supply and it abruptly burst into flames, she calmly asked "is it supposed to do that?").

I think it's rather funny (interesting) that now we have the web and a site that specializes in just capacitors! When I was young and taking apart old radar pieces to save the parts, capacitors were those fat colored hard things or the things that looked like skinny aluminum beer cans that I was warned I could get zapped. My, how times have changed.

That's it for now.

Comment

Just amazes me how many devices have been plaques with bad caps. Great resource for info here.

Comment

Greetings from 'Sandland' (U.A.E.). I stumbled across your forum while searching for info on counterfeit/unauthorized copy HVAC caps. I haven't had the time to wade through all the threads but, hope to find some useful info....even if I don't, I'm certain to pick-up some electronics knowledge. It looks as if you have a great community here!

Comment

Long time MAc user looking for more info to keep my aging G4's afloat and my new iMac working.

Comment

Working...
                                          X