Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 3521

Hello all
    I have a motherboard type (compal_la-9104p_r1.0) explained the problem in this picture.
    The problem in PQ101 was damaged and I replaced it with a MOSFET bearing the number (AO4407A)
    The resistors were measured and were intact.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Inspiron 3521

Your problem might lay somewhere else.
    There should not be a voltage drop thru PQ100, from 19.v to 18.0v. Measure carefully, 19.XXv and 18.XXv. Looks like you are measuring the voltage thru the internal diode, and this is a P-mosfet, no voltage drop whatsoever, and voltage drop should be around 0.7v if it's not working. Measure Vgs, again, should be higher than 25v, yours is way too low, 18v.

Comment

PQ100 is probably fine. Still make sure that both MOSFET (PQ100 and PQ101) are not shorted.
      The issue is with the gate voltage on both MOSFET (gates are tied together). It should be lower than 18V for PQ101 to let the current flow. (they are P-channel MOSFET)

You have to check ACOFF (on PR133) and ACIN (on PR139 or PU100 pin 13) signal.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Happy evening to everyone
        Thank you so much
        Yes, there is a decrease in the voltage from the other side from 19 volts to 18 volts on the PQ100, while the PU100 is originally not found on the motherboard, it has been removed from the mother motherboard because it is damaged and the presence of high temperature in it.

Where are the PR133 and PR139 resistance ?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by azhar2006; 04-10-2018, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Nevermind, this one is not labelled on the board…
          Instead of PR133 and PR139 you could measure all pins of PQ109.
          However, PU100 is needed for the board to turn on. You need to replaced it first.

Comment

piernov: " It should be lower than 18V for PQ101 to let the current flow"
            I stand corrected, sorry for the wrong advice. Lower for P, higher for N.

Comment

Thank You So Much Dear Mazorca
              But do not get less than 18 volts on the gate PQ101
              Is not ISL88731C the reason for it? Or is there a problem elsewhere?

Comment

My knowledge doesn't extend that much. Like piernov said, measure all pins on pq109, and if you have a bench power supply, (advice: get one), test if PU100 is getting hot, internal shortage.

Comment

OK Mazorca and piernov
                  I found something when I removed PQ101 from the motherboard got the following voltages on the PQ100, the ideal voltages (1, 2 ,3), 19 volts, and get 7 volts on pin 4.
                  I think that (AO4407) is not equivalent to MOSFET (AO4409)
                  This is the equivalent
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by azhar2006; 04-10-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

All I could tell is that AO4407 is rated for 12A and AO4409 is for 15A. Replace with equivalent or higher. Test first for shorts or open. Voltage at gate at pin4 PQ100 looks correct, should be same at pin 4 pq101, they are connected.

Comment

Indeed the MOSFET should be replaced with one with the correct rating. But this is not your problem if the replacement MOSFET is not shorted and is oriented correctly.
                      You need to replace ISL88731C first before trying anything else.

Comment

Yes piernov I have replaced ISL88731C Was it the reason?

Comment

Dear Azhar2006, was you able to fix this?? i'm having same issue

Comment

Working...
                          X