Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

considering recap dell xps desktop gen 3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

considering recap dell xps desktop gen 3...

anyone have any sugesstions on a cap brand/type to use,, i can maybe get some pics up later today, would like to get it sorted out over the next week.
    system boots and runs in bios so far seems fine but i have not run any tests or OS.. it was a bargain bin find and i can see bulged caps. so i know its got bad ones.. takeing any feed back i can get i would like to make this a game system, on the cheap... system will be running alot when its done.

Re: considering recap dell xps desktop gen 3...

The Rubycon MCZ and MBZ topcat sells here would be fine.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I see a lot of failed Nichicon HM/HN in the XPS desktops. Occasionally I will see bad Chemicon KZJ. I don't think I've seen KZG in an XPS. So, those are the brands you want to look out for.

I've also seen Rubycon, Chemicon KZV, and the occasional Panasonic in them, I usually leave those alone as there aren't any issues with them.

Occasionally the 85 degree caps will cause issues, but 95% of the time, replacing just the ones mentioned is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by yyonline View Post
        I see a lot of failed Nichicon HM/HN in the XPS desktops. Occasionally I will see bad Chemicon KZJ. I don't think I've seen KZG in an XPS. So, those are the brands you want to look out for.

I've also seen Rubycon, Chemicon KZV, and the occasional Panasonic in them, I usually leave those alone as there aren't any issues with them.

Occasionally the 85 degree caps will cause issues, but 95% of the time, replacing just the ones mentioned is enough.
        funny you should mention those ill give you one guess what all the bad caps are.. ..but at least i know what ones to take a closer look at thank you..

Comment

Working...
        X