Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung HP-T5064 replaced top buffer IC now I'm stumped

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
    Yes 5054 is same panel but uses different buffers and ysus. on the 5064 the buffers scan Every other line kind of like how Hitachi panels Run. Where the 50 50 for the buffers control individual lines within set displacement of the area. The 5054 also uses IPM modules.
    Ok, well something is amiss with shopjimmy because 5054 is showing same ymain, 5033/5034 showing IPM. searching HPT5054 gives me a few posts, pictures I'm seeing are same ymain but hell, maybe there was a crossover.

I think I know which one you mean though which equates to a 50Q7 we had here.

I may have some good news , those buffers will work from that IPM model in this. Just need to attach those heat pads and maybe the plastic standoffs or not for a quick test.

If you have a set of buffers that are good in one of those, I'd swap them in and that may help confirm for sure if the ymain is bad or mayabe something wrong with the repaired buffer.

I have used these and it worked 100% fine, sold TV no complaints. Someone else followed my suggestion here and they were happy too. i did put up a thread a long time ago.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21637
    Last edited by tw2005; 01-18-2015, 04:48 AM.

Comment

My bad. Sorry the models I have are not a HP-T5054 . I meant HP-T5053. Older design. That's Why I Couldn't Try The Boards On My TV.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

My bad. Sorry the models I have are not a HP-T5054 . I meant HP-T5053. Older design. That's Why I Couldn't Try The Boards On My TV.
        No worries but those buffers will work.

Comment

I'm still stumped. I have checked many many discrete components on this board and I can't seem to find anything shorted or anything open but I'm really stumped as to why the left side of the screen is completely dead and unresponsive to anything that I do but the right side seems to be responsive but its very very white and Mal discharge but you can see the center of the screen when you are doing a test pattern only but it's also very very Mel discharged. All voltages including vscan are spot on

Comment

Has anyone ever encountered an issue with the e and f buffers before that didn't just cause a black bar but a different issue? I'm wondering if the left e buffer is shorted since it seems to be unresponsive to anything causing the f buffer to cause mal discharged image

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              No worries but those buffers will work.
              I checked as buffers against this board and they are clearly different this board the Y main to buffer connections are closer together and the buffer boards are clearly different being that the old 5053 series buffer boards had 6 iCs where the new one have 5 and they interlace where the old buffer boards off 5053 series did not interlace they controlled a quadrant at a time

Comment

I checked as buffers against this board and they are clearly different this board the Y main to buffer connections are closer together and the buffer boards are clearly different being that the old 5053 series buffer boards had 6 iCs where the new one have 5 and they interlace where the old buffer boards off 5053 series did not interlace they controlled a quadrant at a time
                Fair enough. Obviously not the same version I thought it was. I tried the 4 buffer IC boards definitely not 5 ICs. that's a shame then .
                Last edited by tw2005; 01-24-2015, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Then I found this thread. his pictures doing the same thing - mine is doing. Turns out that the SK 2837 is bad but its not shorted its open. Go figure first time I ran across open MOSFET. None the less scattershot Office salvage bored and I got a bunch of sparkles upon startup and then pop then it blew Two 88N30w's I'm currently replacing these at the moment from another wisestthey are 88N30p that should work I'll keep you guys posted This is on the YRR circuit

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...+screen&page=7
                  Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-25-2015, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Then I found this thread. his pictures doing the same thing - mine is doing. Turns out that the SK 2837 is bad but its not shorted its open. Go figure first time I ran across open MOSFET. None the less scattershot Office salvage bored and I got a bunch of sparkles upon startup and then pop then it blew Two 88N30w's I'm currently replacing these at the moment from another wisestthey are 88N30p that should work I'll keep you guys posted This is on the YRR circuit

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...+screen&page=7
                    Dog with a bone. Who would have thought but blowing those 88N30W, were they new?

Is this menaing more trouble down the track? seems weird. 88N30P would just be a different package , i think i used one of those on my very first one of these boards with no issue.

Comment

Ok. Replaced the 2 shorted 88N30w's and the other 2 went shorted. it's really odd how they were open and reading properly but then a short afterwards. Well it's late I'm going to go ahead and replace those 2 tomorrow morning with 2 known good ones so I'll have all four replaced along with the SK2837

Comment

Ok. Replaced the 2 shorted 88N30w's and the other 2 went shorted. it's really odd how they were open and reading properly but then a short afterwards. Well it's late I'm going to go ahead and replace those 2 tomorrow morning with 2 known good ones so I'll have all four replaced along with the SK2837
                        really weird, i did think it was unusual for that board not to be bad but open cct, that's different. hope it ends there for you

Comment

I was working on a HP-T5054 and found one bad RJH3047 and 4 88N30Ws. And couldn't find anything wrong with the X sus. Replaced them all and they all popped, with only the lower buffer connected. Then I replaced them all again, this time no buffer connected. Pop. I said 'F' it. 2 $30 pops was more than I could take. How do you test your buffer ICS? I use the meter on continuity and put one probe on the bottom of the board under the IC, and rake the other probe along both sides of the connectors which go to the panel. Beep equals bad.
                          Last edited by lookimback; 01-25-2015, 05:53 AM.
                          ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

It is always wise to replace the driver IC when you replace IGBTs/FETs on a board - no telling what the initial failure could have done.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That might have been why mine blew.

Comment

Mine had the usual top ic blown. did the physically look blown but it tested short. I do the black lead on ground pin top of the input to the buffer board on the input connector and I use the red lead and run down each pin on the output connectors to find resistance measurements if I get a short or close to I usually replace that buffer ic. Usually I would replace all of them but I don't have any more. I'm sure they're good I tested them

Comment

The one I had was also the top IC. Was so bad it destroyed the board. Had pics but my phone ate them.

Comment

Well another snap crackle pop and it blew another buffer IC. Apparently all the at 88n30w's test good now. oh how I love A challenge

Comment

Buffer ICs will blow if Vsch goes high or negative, that is pretty much the only thing that kills them, Vsch can go negative if one of the RAMP DN FETs fails...

Vsch is the voltage across the buffer IC.
                                      Last edited by tom66; 01-25-2015, 11:55 AM.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hey guys got around back to this TV and replaced all the MOSFETs on the board. It was a shopjimmy replacement kit. I have a picture how rich still the same picture as shown in the previous slide. so my question now is I noticed Ohmsupplies in the UK also replaces the adum1410 Digital quad channel isolator on the board which is known to go bad Since the control board seems to be receiving a signal where it shows half the screen completely messed up and the other half the screen normal but very mal discharged I'm wondering if this quad channel digital isolator can be bad of course I don't know how to test it. its in position U5704. this outputs To 2 controller ICS that goes directly into the control board ribbon cable

Comment

Check the first page maybe it will be helpful ?
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X