Skyhawk CTX-250WCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyhawk CTX-250WCE

Got a PC for repair. The PSU was dead (I've seen one Skyhawk dead last week - maybe the same model - I'll see at work). Resistors burnt, capacitors bulged. Luckily, no hardware was damaged. Bad caps are "GL" brand - three 2200uF/10V and one 47uF/50V! There is also one G-Luxon (looks OK) and some Rubysuns - looks like another fake Rubycons... (they also look OK).
    And note the DEER text on the PCB...
    Attached Files

Re: Skyhawk CTX-250WCE

The other dead Skyhawk is CTX-200WCE. The PCB is the same - DEER - but different caps (not bulged). This one killed Abit BE6-II (which has some caps bulging).

Comment

Autopsy revealed that the primary cause is the same as with EuroCase PSUs. Capacitor C7 in AUX power supply (22uF/50V) is crap (marked "GL") and dries out (measured only 1.3uF). The voltage slowly increases until it burns out. Bad caps together with bad design makes these PSUs real crap.

Comment

I've fixed the 200W one - it has better caps. The bigger ones are CapXon and seem to be fine. Replaced bad C7 with 33uF/63V@105 deg, 7805 regulator for +5VSB and two nearby 100uF/16V caps (one was exploded) - and it works fine.
        The 250W one had almost all caps bad (GL crap), one of the Rubysuns was completely open but looked normal - nothing to fix here...

Comment

My power supply CTX-250WCE is death, I know that is because of the resistor R2 which is closer to the disipator. My problem is that the resistor burn and I don`t know the color of the strip, then I don`t know the value of the resistor, jeje
          Please if somebody know the value....Maybe this can save my power supply.

Comment

Working...
          X