Hitachi P50S602 Powers On/Off Blue Light Blinks 5 Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hitachi P50S602 Powers On/Off Blue Light Blinks 5 Times

While I learned alot and am now the happy owner of an oscilloscope all efforts to discover the cause of the five blinking LED light have failed. The final blow was delivered by my shorting the Vs (67V) to a point on the XSUS which fried something on the board - probably a transistor but I can't say for sure. For now the horse has thouroughly been beaten and I with it.

Comment

The horse is back from the dead. I found a post that said

""ADM" is permanently contacted to the glass part of the panel, and the ABUS PWB is not specified as the repairable board for these models (NOT arranged as service parts).
      ADM and ABUS should be managed as a portion of the panel."

Assuming the ADM & ABUS are good the only remaining causes for 5 blink failure is XSUS and logic according to the service manual. I know the XSUS is bad - cause I accidently shorted it - so I should replace it. If replacing the XSUS doesn't fix it the logic board is most likely the culprit. If neither fix it by that time I hope to have discovered a way to test the 4-8 ABUS boards.

Will post back later w/ update.

Comment

As one of the five causes of the five blink error code, I replaced the XSUS. I had inadvertently fried it while testing for voltages when I was troubleshooting but it proved to be a blessing in disguise. The XSUS swap fixed the TV!
        Thank you for your guidance, badcaps.

Comment

Working...
        X