Panasonic TC P50S30 Blinks 7 Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC P50S30 Blinks 7 Times

Having some problems with the Panasonic plasma television, model #TC P50S30.

The front led blinks 7 times and set does not turn on. When I disconnect the SD, SU and SS33 ribbon cable the blinking stops and the set tries to turn on. I've tried leaving just the SU and the SD boards connected one at a time, but always end up with the 7 blinks. Disconnecting SD, SU boards and SS33 ribbon cable is the only way I get the light to stop blinking.

Edit: I also have a jumper in SC50.

I'm still not sure what needs to be replaced.
    Last edited by tbj12; 05-01-2016, 12:44 PM.

Re: Panasonic TC P50S30 Blinks 7 Times

Prob short IGBT's on SC board.

Check them for short.
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by tbj12 View Post
      Having some problems with the Panasonic plasma television, model #TC P50S30.

The front led blinks 7 times and set does not turn on. When I disconnect the SD, SU and SS33 ribbon cable the blinking stops and the set tries to turn on. I've tried leaving just the SU and the SD boards connected one at a time, but always end up with the 7 blinks. Disconnecting SD, SU boards and SS33 ribbon cable is the only way I get the light to stop blinking.

Edit: I also have a jumper in SC50.

I'm still not sure what needs to be replaced.
      If sc50 is jumpered, sd,su isolated from the sc (including the Vfg bolts), ss33 should just be left connected and the TV turns on with no blinks then the SD,/SU boards are at fault.

If that's the case then just a matter of checking the buffers for shorted output pins to Vfg on the board.

I had two 7 blinkers and both had SU boards with 1 shorted buffer IC.

For whatever reason even with sc50 jumpered it still 7 blinked with just the SD connected.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
        If sc50 is jumpered, sd,su isolated from the sc (including the Vfg bolts), ss33 should just be left connected and the TV turns on with no blinks then the SD,/SU boards are at fault.

If that's the case then just a matter of checking the buffers for shorted output pins to Vfg on the board.

I had two 7 blinkers and both had SU boards with 1 shorted buffer IC.

For whatever reason even with sc50 jumpered it still 7 blinked with just the SD connected.
        I appreciate the help.

I went ahead and removed the Vfg bolts and reconnected ss33 and the light stayed on solid. I did get a constant buzzing noise when trying to turn the tv on, sounds as though it's coming from the SC board. I didn't get this buzzing sound with ss33 disconnected. Only had a minute to look at it this morning, I'll have another look when I get home this afternoon.
        Last edited by tbj12; 05-02-2016, 06:23 AM.

Comment

These are prone to loose screws and bad earthsnunder the sc and ss boards. Good idea to check these out clean up any burnt pads and use bolts with flat & spring washers

Comment

So i tightened all screws put everything back together (or so i thought) tv actually turned on for a quick second and then i heard pop, smelled burn. I realized i had forgotten to reinstall the vfg bolts. I now have a 14 blink code instead of 7.

Comment

Expensive mistake. I will guess you now need SC board plus whatever was originally damaged by the sounds of it. With 14 blink that commonly is a short across sc2

Comment

I didnt pay anything for it so its not a big deal. We have a local e-waste bin that ive been pulling tv's out of and repairing. I'll probably just stick to the ones with fried caps and other power supply issues.

Thanks for the help anyway. Im sure you will see me around here again in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by tbj12 View Post
                  I didnt pay anything for it so its not a big deal. We have a local e-waste bin that ive been pulling tv's out of and repairing. I'll probably just stick to the ones with fried caps and other power supply issues.

Thanks for the help anyway. Im sure you will see me around here again in the near future.
                  If you decide to bail out, I'd strip the boards, ribbons, speakers etc or sell it.

may even get kucky and find a smashed panel with good boards.

Someone would be able to rebuild the SC, the buffers though are expensive to find and some are rebuilding those too. I'd rather have a bad SC than bad buffers

The A-board could be worth a bit too on it's own. I'm sure someone could use these bits rather than the bin.

Comment

Working...
                  X