Thumb Drive Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumb Drive Question

I have a 64 gig Thumb drive and would like to have every windows OS on it at one time.

I have a few thousand PC's i need to refurbish and would rather not build and imaging server.

What gave me the idea is I have a Windows 9X cd I use It has 9 versions of windows on one cd.

I do understand I could just make this 9X cd bootable from usb.

But i would rather have model number specific images to boot from and be able to choose between them

Any Idea's?, Jacob
    ^Learning to walk on rice paper without leaving a trace,

Re: Thumb Drive Question

Well... there is an all windows DVD on the pirate bay, I think it doesn't include 7. Otherwise just turn the drive into a bootable hiren's "cd", place all of the windows images in a folder, and use the imaging programs on there.

The hard part comes with making all of the images. One place I worked at used to restore from CDs when available and then clone the drives to a computer with an IDE and power cable out. Also, bear in mind that cloning to an HD over USB will be a bit slow. Its probably faster to pull the drives out.

Comment

Thank you. I started Dling this 11 in 1 xp dvd and have been stuck at 18.1% for a few days now. No seeders.. Maybe I will have to make my owne.
      ^Learning to walk on rice paper without leaving a trace,

Comment

Are all your PCs homogeneous? Do you have large runs of the same model? Set up one of each model with drivers and all and then clone it. Change the key to what is on the COA and you are good.

You can also look for OEM versions of XP on your favorite torrent site. You might be able to skip the hassle of changing the keys for certain runs.

You are going to be at this for a while, I hope you have help.

Comment

Working...
        X