Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-50PZ800A right side of screen black

Hi,

A friend has a Panasonic TH-50PZ800A TV where the right hand side is black. It happens intermittently.

I thought that it may be the buffer boards, but to my understanding, this would effect either upper or lower screen?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Panasonic TH-50PZ800A right side of screen black

There is the "C" board section as Panasonic calls it at the bottom of the TV,or X-buffer,X-drive,might be a bad flat cable that comes from the T-con or between C-boards themselves.
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/8IsAAO...1B/s-l1600.jpg this is your t-con i believe,the 3 slots on the bottom,one of the cables may be shite or needs reseating on one end,do not touch it with the tv powered on of course.

Comment

Thanks Biruslapio. Will pop the back off and have a look. Here are the pictures to show the fault condition and then it clears intermittently!!
      Attached Files

Comment

it can only be the boards,T-con or C,no display fault can do this on a plasma,if it was an LCD then it could be the display.
        Unplug the cables and clean them and their slot,contact spray is a good thing,don't need to do this on all,only for those at the bottom of the TV,and the LVDS cable,take a picture of the back of the TV without the cover,some cables require practise to not damage when inserting or removing.
        Last edited by Biruslapio; 06-27-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Biruslapio. There is a fair bit of dust on the bridging cables. I have not removed or cleaned them as yet. The look to be seated correctly. I carefully removed the AV/Connector board to get to the T-con board. Pictures attached.

Which is the LVDS cable?

Many thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I cleaned to connectors and cables, put it all back together.
            Now there is a pink strip on the left and right sides and black lines on the right side as per the picture.
            I couldn't get free to air TV to work either via coaxial, just displays No Signal. Coax cables works on another TV.
            I have checked that all cables are seated correctly.

What have I done?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dahbrown; 06-28-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Well we know that it's not a display fault,maybe just improperly seated cables,the LVDS cable is what goes from the main board/signal board(A) to the T-CON,on these flat cables that you messed with they have only one way of fitting the boards,don't lock down the clamp unless it is really seated,it can damage the cable and i have done that once.
              It's those 3 t-con flats and some more that goes from C1-C2 or C2-C3 board that could be the fault,also the LVDS,can you take a picture from the whole back of the TV?And also the bottom boards,i will tell you which ones may be causing this problem.

Comment

Retrace your steps. Look at everything you disconnected and recheck. Any screws or heat sink covers taken off, double check they are back in/on.
                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dahbrown View Post
                  Hi, I cleaned to connectors and cables, put it all back together.
                  Now there is a pink strip on the left and right sides and black lines on the right side as per the picture.
                  I couldn't get free to air TV to work either via coaxial, just displays No Signal. Coax cables works on another TV.
                  I have checked that all cables are seated correctly.

What have I done?
                  If you get this, you haven't seated the cables properly. Seat them properly again, especially the white ribbon cables going to the C board.
                  The original fault is caused by a loose LVDS cable, only.
                  Never reseat the cables with power applied, this can kill the panel.
                  Last edited by tom66; 06-28-2017, 03:04 PM.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi All, I seem to be taking one step forward and three back! I have reseated all cables. Now I get 6 blinking red power LED flashes.

Hi Biruslapio - as requested I have uploaded more photos. The cables look like they have been seated correctly. But I am wondering if I have damaged them due to locking them in on the 1st instance incorrectly. And each time I try it is hit and miss

I really appreciate all your assistance and support to date.
                    Attached Files

Comment

6 blinks can be caused by loose cables (oddly enough even though it's undocumented), you need to get them absolutely dead on. There's alignment tabs on the cables - make sure these go into the connectors on both ends, and make sure both sides are absolutely level. Finally, check to see that the cables aren't damaged or broken, especially around the connector ends near the plated contacts.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'm really sorry to have pointed you in the right AND wrong direction at the same time,it was just the LVDS,i'm learning too,this is a really complex TV.

Your problem for now is just the cables,just make sure to fit them straight into the slot,if you try to lift down the clamp and they get pushed back or sideways,try again,if one connection got damaged see if it's not bent and shorting the adjacent,these cables are cheap if you need a replacement.

Comment

Post #10, image TV17 doesn't look as though the cable is inserted parallel to the socket so may not be in straight although it could just be the photo.
                          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks everyone, finally got it going. I suspect that the T-con board was replaced. It has hand written numbers on it! And suspect that they had the ribbon cables in crooked. They were indented on the corners! But all fixed now and been running for a few hours.

Now to return a working TV...

Really appreciate your guidance and patience with me

Comment

Working...
                            X