Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TH-42PZ85E --> Completely dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TH-42PZ85E --> Completely dead!

OK, locate MC552

Check pins: 13 (STANDBY 5V IN), 12 (STANDBY 5V OUT), and 11 (STANDBY ON)

This device switches standby source on/off as necessary.
    Last edited by tom66; 10-28-2014, 04:14 AM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Will do that this afternoon.
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Ps , I will download the service manual and see if i can figure it out myself. Its easy just to ask here but i want to learn.
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Pin 11 is 4.85v
          Pin 12 is 0v
          Pin 13 is 5v

Thats good right?

Comment

I'll compare to mine later.... I think MC552 might be bad, but need to figure out if ON/OFF signal is inverted.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Voltages dont change when i use the power button!

Comment

That's not so good.

Comment

Already thought the same when you said inverted signal...

Comment

Ok, I'm picking up a TX-P42U30B tonight (2011 Panasonic plasma, 1080p ) so I might be busy, but I'll try and find time to do comparison tests.

Comment

Thx! Im gonna pick up a LG 42pj150 but please do compare!!

Comment

I checked the service manual and i understand the 552 board. Control board.
                        So the 552 board is bad right? It has to send 5v to pin9 on p25 cable.
                        Cant i jump that connection?

Comment

It seems more likely the main CPU is bad, you are welcome to try it, you might get a standby light but I expect it will error out immediately with 2/4/10 blink code if you power it on... worth a shot I guess...

Comment

Tom , i don't like that answer! :/ haha.

Well looking at the service manual the 5v go into the MC552 board but don't go out so something on the MC552 board must be bad ? ( Pin 12 is 0v ).
                            Pin 12 goes to Pin 9 on P25 cable which is going to the main board……
                            Gonna see if i got a similar main board somewhere.
                            Last edited by Moreno83; 10-28-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I mean the CPU in the power board... By bad I should clarify - it is not switching that output on for a reason.... The question is why....

Comment

Didnt know the ps had a cpu?

Comment

It does...

Comment

So where is that cpu located? On one of the small prints? Makes most sense to me.
                                    Did you find the time to measure?

If i just knew the values on those prints like the MC551 then i could just simply replace the parts….

Comment

Too busy tonight, landlord just cut through some ethernet cables, running around trying to get internet working again... Can check tomorrow.
                                      It is located on one of the far end stand up boards.

Comment

No problem , already glad your helping! Your prob also wondering what the problem can be right?
                                        GL with the ethernet cables.

Comment

Landlord put some carpet down on stairs, new stuff, went right through a buried ethernet cable, fixed now, I think.

Ok, found a moment... my results for MC552

Power button ON with TV working:
                                          IN (13) - 5.06V
                                          OUT (12) - 5.06V
                                          ON/OFF (11) - 0.12V

Power button OFF with TV not working:
                                          IN - 4.98V
                                          OUT - 0.01V
                                          ON/OFF - 4.88V

It seems ON/OFF is inverted logic, so it needs to be LOW for it to turn on.
                                          Last edited by tom66; 10-28-2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X