Panasonic plasma TC-P42G25 one LED blink, no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic plasma TC-P42G25 one LED blink, no power

One thing I think is worth doing on these is putting a series light bulb in line with the Vsus line. Start with a 60W bulb. Ideally 230V rated or you can use two 115V n series..This limits any potential fault current. On a dim image the TV will work with the lightbulb in series and should glow slightly. If a bright image appears it might go 6/7 blink if so you can up to 100-150W for testing.

If there's a short or fault that develops, then it'll probably save a few parts. Especially some of the expensive igbts...

I did this on a TX-P42U30B repair although that worked first time... Was much simpler than these 13G panels tho
    Last edited by tom66; 12-04-2014, 02:27 AM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hello,

My TV is working, and seems happy!!!!!

We're planning to watch a movie this weekend so it will get a good workout to test it.

I replaced my IC771 78L05L with a TA78L05F. It bears the original part's "AE" stamp and changed the resistances a bit for the better (PC461 tests Red-Blk: 5.8K and Blk-Red: 5.3K), so I decided to give it a shot.

So far not noticing anything strange, the image is as clear as it always was. If it decides to break down again soon I'll post back.

Thank you all so much for your help! Especially tw2005, I couldn't have done it without you!!! If you ever find yourself in the Rockville Maryland area, beers are on me!

-Chris
      Last edited by rockola1454; 12-20-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rockola1454 View Post
        Hello,

My TV is working, and seems happy!!!!!

We're planning to watch a movie this weekend so it will get a good workout to test it.

I replaced my IC771 78L05L with a TA78L05F. It bears the original part's "AE" stamp and changed the resistances a bit for the better (PC461 tests Red-Blk: 5.8K and Blk-Red: 5.3K), so I decided to give it a shot.

So far not noticing anything strange, the image is as clear as it always was. If it decides to break down again soon I'll post back.

Thank you all so much for your help! Especially tw2005, I couldn't have done it without you!!! If you ever find yourself in the Rockville Maryland area, beers are on me!

-Chris
        Always nice to hear. Sounds like the original IC771 may have worked and just a descrepancy with your meter but what you had replaced more than covered what normally fails.

Thanks for getting back, been on my mind for weeks

Comment

I know this is an older post, but I have this old TV that everyone above was talking about.
          I have a panasonic model TCP42GT25 with no picture and a single flashing red light every 3 seconds. When checking voltages on the power board (LSEP 1287) I found that when I apply power to the TV by plugging the power cord in, the primary rectifier outputs 130VDC for 5 seconds then it automatically shuts off. If I press the on button on the TV, the rectifier voltage comes on for 2 seconds then goes off automatically. The other output voltages were measured to be Vda (60vdc), Vsus (208vdc), Vd, Vc and Vs (15.7 Vdc). These don't come on when the TV is plugged in but come on when the power switch is pressed. They all go off automatically after 2 seconds. Stby 5v measures a constant 5vdc as long as the TV is plugged in. This Stby 5v never automatically shuts off. Do these symptoms indicate that the power board is faulty or is the problem more likely to be in an other board?

Comment

Working...
          X