Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-P50G10A 3.3v fault

Hi folks

Guy dropped over a Plasma to look at , 3 red blinks. I've opened up the unit, doesnt appear to have any buldging caps though it has lots of electros on the K board.

Cant seem to find a repair manual.

Interested to fix if i can find some test points and its as simple as an electro. Is the 3.3v generated on the main K board or is that done on the logic cards ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction please :-)

Thanks..Pete

Re: Panasonic TH-P50G10A 3.3v fault

Firstly, if you can list all the boards in this , not necessarily the numbers just what they .

eg. A, SC,SS,SD,SU,K,P...etc may have a D board then look for an overseas model with those boards. the A will be different but often the cct will be simialr enough to locate some test points but as far as I know 3.3 is generated on the A board and the training guides just say SOS 3 = A board, replace A-board but you will have difficulty finding one unless you find another broken one.

SC board shorted is probably the most common failure, maybe be worth checking that just in case itcan somehow trick a 3 blink to occur but that's a long shot.

Comment

Hi
      I also have a Panasonic TH-P50G10A
      It has the 10 blink error code
      I've tried the reset with no luck.The back is now off, nothing really obvious except there is a slight bulge in one of the 220V 1400uf capacitors on the PS.Don't know if this is the cause of my problem.All the fuses on the PS have continuity.
      I'm searching to see if I can find some direction to go from here.
      Any help would be appreciated
      Thanks

Comment

10 blink--prob the SC board....

Defo Wont be a cap!

Locate Q661 on SC TNPA4782 check for s/c
        Last edited by Alastair E; 02-12-2016, 05:17 PM.
        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF1975 View Post
          Hi
          I also have a Panasonic TH-P50G10A
          It has the 10 blink error code
          I've tried the reset with no luck.The back is now off, nothing really obvious except there is a slight bulge in one of the 220V 1400uf capacitors on the PS.Don't know if this is the cause of my problem.All the fuses on the PS have continuity.
          I'm searching to see if I can find some direction to go from here.
          Any help would be appreciated
          Thanks
          with TV off, disconnect the following. SC2, SC20, P35, SS11, the 3 white ribbons connected to the A-board

Turn the TV on, see if the front LED goes solid green or blinks out a code.

Turn off once you have a result, DO NOT reconnect any of the power leads SC2,SS11,P35. It'll take about 5mins or more for the voltages to bleed off or better still get a meter to check if voltage is still there. Sc2/Ss11 up to 200V, P35 around 60V. If you arc P35 then that can / will destroy the panel ICs embedded on the bottom ribbons.

Post back what happens with the bypass

Comment

Thanks to all who have replied so far

Chief Womble I've located Q661 on SC TNPA4782 but excuse my ignorance I'm not sure what you mean by s/c ?
            I take it this is a voltage regulator so are you asking for input and output voltages here ?

Badcaps Veteran I've done as instructed and the LED at the front stays a solid green.Also the 2 cooling fans operated something that didn't happen before.
            It sounds as though there is only the 1 relay clicking in in this configuration

Awaiting further advice

Thanks

Comment

How about TW, otherwise I really don't want to continually refer to you as "New Member".

Sounds like you're in for some fun.

Q661 is an IGBT or insulated gate bipolar transistor or just an F..ing transistor.

S/C is short for short (short circuit)
              cct is circuit

So with the differing approaches to this, Q661 is a common shorted transistor as is Q660 and others on this 4782 SC board. So if you have a meter that can measure resistance or simply check diodes with a buzzer or beep then just probe any 2 leads of q661.

Expect it to read 0 ohms or 0 in continuity if the board is toast.

With my method it quickly tells us that the 10 blink is not either the P board or the A board so you know what that most likely means?

As Alastair E alluded to SC board failure is common and can cause quite a few blink codes including 10 so I'd expect this is what you may have.
              Last edited by tw2005; 02-13-2016, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Apologies for the the naming error TW and Alastair E...my bad !!!!
                Thanks for the explanation of the terms
                So in the continuity mode there was no buzzing between any of the pins on Q660 or Q661
                I did note that there was continuity between Pin S on Q660 and earth but on Pin C on Q661 there was a brief beep then nothing
                Measuring resistance between pins I found them to be all (Q660 & Q661) open except between G & E on Q661 which was 2.22
                All measurements were done on 20K scale.I did see readings the higher in the settings I went on the multi-meter.So not sure what that means here
                Am I correct in saying that the only true way to test these is to remove from the circuit and see if the C & E pins on Q661 is shorted and if the gate is working and likewise
                for pins S & D on Q660 and it's gate.

Comment

Apologies for the the naming error TW and Alastair E...my bad !!!!
                  Thanks for the explanation of the terms
                  So in the continuity mode there was no buzzing between any of the pins on Q660 or Q661
                  I did note that there was continuity between Pin S on Q660 and earth but on Pin C on Q661 there was a brief beep then nothing
                  Measuring resistance between pins I found them to be all (Q660 & Q661) open except between G & E on Q661 which was 2.22
                  All measurements were done on 20K scale.I did see readings the higher in the settings I went on the multi-meter.So not sure what that means here
                  Am I correct in saying that the only true way to test these is to remove from the circuit and see if the C & E pins on Q661 is shorted and if the gate is working and likewise
                  for pins S & D on Q660 and it's gate.
                  Those values are normal, interesting.Maybe we're on the wrong track.
                  5v & 15V enters SC20. You could check those for short or low resistance.

there's test points scattered on the board.

That'd be TP82-gnd for 15v and tp16,17(underside below sc20) - gnd for the 5V.

other suggestion and this is from a flowchart which starts at the SS.

With the TV boards all connected as normal, disconnect ss11,ss33.
                  Turn the TV on, if it stays on the 10 blink was SS board.

In fact best I just let you read it, pay attention to the notes and the potential of voltages being present on leads after a power cycle as you can damage boards and panels if you reconnect them with voltage present.

Covers HD and FHD models
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tw2005; 02-16-2016, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks
                    I'll have a read and see what i can discover

Comment

Thanks
                      I'll have a read and see what i can discover
                      Please do, breaks the boredom.

Comment

Working...