Panasonic tc-p65s2 Issues please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic tc-p65s2 Issues please help

First I would like to say thank you in advance for any help with my tc-p65s2. I got this tv for free someone posted it on Facebook. Ok I got it home plugged it in and I got 7 blinks I removed su and ad and jumped the pins and no go. So like a nimrod I ordered a sc board used off eBay 75 dollars I put it in the tv jumped the pins su and sd boards completely removed it fired up and stayed on both sc and aa board had green led meaning they are working. I unplugged th tv waited 20 minutes connected su and sd boards turned the tv on and it worked for like 2 minutes I saw some pixels jumping around on the su and sd side of the tv I smelled some burning plastic before it went off and flashed 7 times again.. I know I should have replaced the su and sd boards as well but I didn't so now I ordered 2 buffer boards and another sc board.. what my question is what else should I do before I put these new to me parts in that I ordered.. any help is greatly appreciated. Oh and on another note if I do get this tv working should I add some 120mm fans to it for cooling I know plasma tv's run very hot and I want this to last a while..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Philip18360; 07-21-2017, 06:50 PM. Reason: Update title

Re: Panasonic tc-p65s2 Issues please help

I think I'd want to identify what what the burning smell was? So the the SC die with th w 2nd failure?Was anything forgotten when installing like earthing screws, SC or the SD/SU?

Comment

Re: Panasonic tc-p65s2 Issues please help

Hey thanks for the reply when I got the tv the sc board was bad so I replaced it and It burnt up again so now I ordered a sc board a su board and sd board I should have them by Wednesday.. I don't want to burn up another sc board so just to be sure I ordered all three I was just wondering if there is anything else that could have blowen the sc board before I do all of this again.. thanks Phil ps all the screws were in and tight
      Last edited by Philip18360; 07-21-2017, 09:18 PM. Reason: Add text

Comment

Working...
      X