Samsung LE 32R72B - Shifting brightness levels and flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE 32R72B - Shifting brightness levels and flickering

Greetings, I'm trying to repair an old Samsung LE 32R72B TV. It seems to have an issue with its brightness levels. To be more specific, it seems to shift between 3 "states" as follows:

a)Brightness at normal levels

b)Brightness at greatly reduced levels (it usually powers up in this state)

c)Picture divided in 3 different brightness levels/zones (!)

There doesn't seem to be a pattern in which these appear, but usually when I power the TV, its brightness level is greatly reduced and after a while it gets divided as in c).
    I have provided photos showing the effects.

The power supply seems to be in fine condition, no leaky or bulged capacitors, although I did replace a few of them just to be certain. I have measured all the voltages and they check out okay!
    The issue doesn't seem to originate from the backlight bulbs, I have access to them from the backside of the TV and they all seem to produce the same levels of light.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with T-CON controller that drives the panel or maybe even the panel itself. I might be able to replace the controller board, however I need to be sure it's not the panel.

What's your opinion on this? Am I completely wrong here? Has anyone witnessed anything like this before?

Re: Samsung LE 32R72B - Shifting brightness levels and flickering

Hard to rule out panel problems. I would reseat ribbon cables see if that changes anything
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
    X