Transformer for Hanns G H223D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transformer for Hanns G H223D

This transformer was pulled from a Hanns G 22" widescreen, which had the infamous flicker on and off problem.

The transformer was replaced with a different transformer, and worked.

However, now it wants to turn on.... when it's supposed to be off.

The back lights remain on, even when the computer is off, or the power button has been pressed. The front power light is even off, but the back lights remain on.

I am assuming the problem is the incorrect transformer.

That said, I have no idea how to find this transformer. The picture is the one removed from the monitor.

Anyone have any suggestions where I can find this part? Or something equivalent?

Andy.
    Attached Files

Re: Transformer for Hanns G H223D

This really is a nightmare. I've found a dozen references, but not a single answer to who made it, or where to order a replacement, not even a pin out or specs. How can a part be so prevalent, and yet no one have an idea where to get one? Amazing.

Comment

Re: Transformer for Hanns G H223D

Originally posted by andy77e View Post
      This really is a nightmare. I've found a dozen references, but not a single answer to who made it, or where to order a replacement, not even a pin out or specs. How can a part be so prevalent, and yet no one have an idea where to get one? Amazing.
      1. Transformers are designed for a specific application, and made by the thousands.

2. SMPS transformers are very reliable, and rarely fail. There is no incentive to stock them.

3. Put the original transformer back in, fix the problems caused by using an incorrect transformer, then fix the original problem.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
      X