Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TH-P50V20A no screen

Originally posted by bradm View Post
    they are soldered. ive done quite a bit of soldering but nothing that small. would need a tiny tip and a steady hand
    And good eyes, a magnifier is real handy too and a flux pen is of great help getting the solder to flow and not bridge.

To be honest it's unlikely at this stage it's damaged but a failed repair sends high voltage further through the cct and then it gets interesting, hence the board photo which is a quick example of what I had to replace as a result.

I have a few of these, still waiting for one to blow again but the current one has run 7000hrs, original failure was at 2500hrs.

Comment

I see one on ebay at the moment and a couple in the uk.
      A bit pricey though!
      I'm not sure id be confident soldering something that small.
      The larger ones no worries!

Comment

I see one on ebay at the moment and a couple in the uk.
        A bit pricey though!
        I'm not sure id be confident soldering something that small.
        The larger ones no worries!
        They've virtually tripled in price since I fixed mine, supply/demand and the throw away society.

Most of the Panasonic plasmas that tend to do SC boards supply dries up fast, then unless you can find someone to repair it , your stuck.

This board since I did the repair post, quite a few people doing repair now, not here. We don't have the market or population base.

These are great Tvs, $50 is an absolute score. even if you had to shell out $150.. $200 for a FHD plasma with internet access, not quite a smart TV though.

Why i encourage people to repair the board or keep the core for someone else to fix.

Are you after a quality board or low repair cost to sell it?

Comment

I was going to keep this one and sell my other 50" panasonic tv, an older model.
          A quality board would be nice
          Last edited by bradm; 07-29-2014, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I was going to keep this one and sell my other 50" panasonic tv, an older model.
            What model? A PZ80/800 series or??

You should be laughing then, should work out cost neutral overall.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              What model? A PZ80/800 series or??

You should be laughing then, should work out cost neutral overall.
              The older one is a th-p50s10a

No parts interchangeable?
              Last edited by bradm; 07-29-2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

The older one is a th-p50s10a

No parts interchangeable?
                That's still FHD and in between the PZ and V20 so not much younger, cheaper version of the G10/15.

No interchange.

You know there are different versions of that board?

So out of the Ebay AU listings only one of those will suit. AF

These revisions will all suit, AF.AP.AW

Comment

That's still FHD and in between the PZ and V20 so not much younger, cheaper version of the G10/15.

No interchange.

You know there are different versions of that board?

So out of the Ebay AU listings only one of those will suit. AF

These revisions will all suit, AF.AP.AW
                  Yeh I never quite got a good picture on that tv. Blurays we're never sharp...
                  I felt it wasn't really 1080p
                  Nothing compared to my f8500 samsung.

Yeh I've been looking for an af. But will now look at ap, aw too, thanks

Comment

Yeh I never quite got a good picture on that tv. Blurays we're never sharp...
                    I felt it wasn't really 1080p
                    Nothing compared to my f8500 samsung.

Yeh I've been looking for an af. But will now look at ap, aw too, thanks
                    Not sure if the V20 will be much better but I don't have bluray but my brother hooked his up to the same TV(another dead TV fixed) and it did not blow me away.

Comment

The new one is 3d not that I use it.

What do you think my best option is?
                      Fix what I can and see if it works? Or buy a new sc board.
                      $180 I've seen in aus. Do u know any cheaper?

Comment

which one is 3D? And I'm sending a PM and then snooze time.

You need to fix it right or it turns to poo. I tried that approach first time, bang and smoke.

Not sure how reliable the testing wil be on bad parts so might have to apply shotgun approach and replace more bits to be safe. I failed on a TNPA5066 board which is very similar in cct design so that brought me back to reality.

I have a repair thread, diary account of everything I did, some crap in there but that's how I learn.

Comment

Something else, I find the picture is a bit softer and not as bright as the earlier models. They reduced the power consumption a fair bit, 5 star rating, still a great picture.

I have a spare, 46PZ800. Built like a tank, sharp and bright but over 500W though.
                          Easy fix too in a lot of cases a single ceramic cap on the PSU goes bad on 2 modules.

Comment

TheTH-P50V20A is 3d. My older one isn't.
                            When I bought my older Panasonic (the working one) it was about the same time they had blurays on display in the video store. When I hired one out my picture was never anywhere as good as the video store.
                            Although it has been a great TV an has never let me down! Had it prob 5 years now...

Comment

When I bought my older Panasonic (the working one) it was about the same time they had blurays on display in the video store. When I hired one out my picture was never anywhere as good as the video store.
                              Although it has been a great TV an has never let me down! Had it prob 5 years now...
                              Can you confirm what the sticker on the back panel says.

I'm afraid V20 is not 3D. VT20 is! I need to know because the boards are different again in the VT 3D model.

Comment

Oh, if the 5081 board has AF stamped on it, then it's 2D and a V20.

If it's AY or maybe AK then that's a 3D board. Buffers boards are also different.

Comment

newer is not always better, eg the one after the V20, 30 series, heaps of issues with the SC boards blowing in them so much that Panasonic was unable to meet demand for spares for wty work from what I read.

They went low profile and SMD on the big transitors, heat may have been an issue but a few have repaired them easier than the V20 board.

Comment

Oh, if the 5081 board has AF stamped on it, then it's 2D and a V20.

If it's AY or maybe AK then that's a 3D board. Buffers boards are also different.
                                    Yep it's a tnpa5081af.
                                    I just googled the model number and the description says 3d.
                                    Oh well no biggy if it isn't, I never use it

Comment

Yep it's a tnpa5081af.
                                      I just googled the model number and the description says 3d.
                                      Oh well no biggy if it isn't, I never use it
                                      Funny, I did the same thing 2 years ago and got all excited then dug deeper and discovered 2D. Must be the same article.

100% 2D, article is wrong.

It's only worth $25 now,

Comment

Here's the range, only VT is FHD 3D
                                        Attached Files

Comment

I have BRADM's board and this is what i found bad on this 5081 SC. (7 blinks)

I did not check SC2 for short but would not expect it to be with 7 blink.

IC16521 M81737FP, FET DRIVER (had an exit wound)
                                          IC16773 TC7SH14F, schmitt inverter ic (used SN74AHC1G14DBVTG4) (shorted)
                                          Q702 2PD601ART NXP (C3 W), (shorted)(used BC846)
                                          Q661 RJP63F3A (shorted)
                                          Q622 GT30F125(R) (shorted) I've reached the conclusion these have pre-bent legs , the R is thay are bent in the reverse direction
                                          Q452 GT45G128 (shorted)
                                          D482 RFN25TM4SW (shorted) ( Again, the R is the legs bent reverse, )
                                          D451 RF101L4S (shorted)

With these replaced, the board is now working again, running it in my TV for testing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X