Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Processor heatsink fell off...

Originally posted by Amraks View Post
    Wouldn't he need to move the gell on his processor before applying the fan with the thermal adhesive
    I left some thermal paste on the CPU.

It was a new in box heatsink. Has Foxconn stamped on the metal, so I assume that is the OEM... they seem to make everything nowadays.

Anyway it's working fine... played Crysis and peak temps were around 65°C so I'm pretty happy. I compared the weight of the old and new, and they were about the same. They are also both made of aluminium. So, I do think it was overkill having it on there...

I'm just trying to get the damn Far Cry 2 benchmark working. Why the .... do I need to validate it over the 'net? Some kind of release check problem. My gaming PC does not currently have a net connection since the failure of my power line Ethernet adapters that have proven difficult to repair.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

good can't wait to find some dual core stuff at the tip again.

Comment

Originally posted by Amraks View Post
        good can't wait to find some dual core stuff at the tip again.
        For a 2005 era processor, this thing is fast!
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X