Samsung S27B350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung S27B350

This is an LED monitor with a non-functional backlight. It has an external power supply. The board had three surface mount caps with white powder on them. I've never seen these types of caps go bad and as such assumes they were the problem. I replaced them with through-hold caps but the problem persists. The monitor does work as I can clearly see an active image.

Looking at the board, I'm lost. I've verified 3.3V at the control panel connector CN402. I have nothing at all off CN801 - the LED output connector.

I was looking for a fuse or something else that might jump out at me, but as stated before, I'm still an amateur at this. Any direction would be extremely helpful.

Pictures attached.

EDIT: I went back and checked CN801 again. Specifically the pins in the middle marked VLED. I get .05 volts on them. If I pull the cable and let it sit, those two pins max out at 14 volts. If I leave the meter connected, they slowly drop in voltage until it gets to .05 and holds there. If I take the meter off, the voltage will climb until I put the meter on and then it starts dropping again. With the cable connected, it will again slowly drop to .05.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MdPhoenix; 03-17-2014, 11:52 AM.
Working...
X