Samsung UN55B7000 Ribbon Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55B7000 Ribbon Cable

Can a ribbon cable be replaced from the panel to one side of the T-Con?

Re: Samsung UN55B7000 Ribbon Cable

I found an 80 pin ribbon cable on Ebay, took a chance (Tennrich-S AWM 20624 80C VW-1 5CM 80 Pin TV Ribbon Cable, Samsung LN40B530P7F) and it looked identical to original. Had to break down the display panel, after removing the front frame, discovered that the ribbon cables are concealed under a 4 part frame (similar to a window), and the one piece conceals 2 circuit boards with identical contact closures that are on the T-Con.
    2 Men, an easy job, less than 1/2 hour to tear down and reassemble. $12 including shipping.

Comment

Why did the ribbon cable need replacing? Just curious.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom
        The copper conductors on the end of the cable that attaches to the T-Con were loose, I assume there is usually some adhesive? They became bent, intertwined, a mess. Probably 12 or more of the 80 were crossed up. Too difficult to attempt to straighten out. I thought the set was destroyed. I tried to recreate the same issue with the other side of the bad cable, I couldn't. I'm assuming some of these cables are manufactured better than others?

Comment

Working...
        X