Vx42l lcd tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vx42l lcd tv

Hi, I am working on my 42 inch LCD TV. My daughter plugged a computer into one of the USB ports and the TV shut off. It will not power on at all now no backlight, no amber light wont do anything. I replaced the power supply thinking this was the issue without properly troubleshooting my mistake. The power supply did not fix the issue. I found your site and I have performed some troubleshooting. I have the 5V SB but I am not getting the 12V or 24V from the power supply the fuse is good on the PS. I unplugged the power supply from the inverter board and still no 12V or 24V. I checked the fuses on the main board and I am getting 5V. I checked U33 and I am not getting anything on Pin 1 or Pin 2. I cannot read any of the voltages on any of the regulators. I was going to just buy a new main board but would like to try and repair this myself it sounds like from what I have read here it that the main board could definately be the issue. I would appreciate if I could get some feedback on what to further check and how. I will get some picutres of the main if you need them. I am exctied to get this bab
    y running again with component level troubleshooting. Any suggestions and feedback would be much appriciatted.

Re: Vx42l lcd tv

Post some pictures of psu and main board.
    Measure voltage on PS-ON and see if the main board sends a signal to activate the power.
    Last edited by mscserbia; 07-13-2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

mainboard provided 5.5volt to the usb ports,the computer does that also.I would suspect that when the computer got plugged in that there was a 5volt conflict.
      12 and 24 volts only come up when the mainboard turns on the power supply...
      Some closeup pictures of the mainboard would help.I'd say suspect area would be between the 5volt line coming into the mainboard and the 5volt feed to usb ports...
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Ok no problem thanks for the reply I will get some pictures of the Main board and Power supply posted as soon as I can. In the mean time I will check the PS-ON and will report back thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X