Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic Plasma TC-P42C2 Clicks 10 Times Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Plasma TC-P42C2 Clicks 10 Times Help!

Originally posted by playab0yyy View Post
    Q001 and Q002 both responded with a constant sound with the probes on the top and middle legs. There was no sound with either probe touching the bottom leg.

Q021 and Q022 both responded with a sound that stopped after about 2 seconds with the probes on the middle and lower legs. Any configuration with either probe touching the upper leg and there would be no sound.

I'll run the other test you're asking in a little while. Thanks!
    ok, sounds like you have the board in the Tv still and vertical, now I understand your reference. Results sound questionable, they may be ok but normally these short across all 3 legs, you're suggesting only across 2 on one pair and not at all on the other.

When this board fails all 4 RJP30E4 transistors go dead short
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey tw2005, when I probe them with the meter on resistance or ohms, do I need to have the black probe touching the frame or a screw, or do I touch one probe on one pin and the other probe on another pin (ie. black probe on pin 1 and red probe on pin 3)?

Comment

Just saw your last reply. Yes, it's still in the tv sitting vertical. Yeah, I'm getting different audible results from the two different sets of transistors.

Comment

just place one probe on each of the legs that are soldered and give me the reading please. resistance/ohms should be one in the same

Comment

Got it. Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Got it. Will do. Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Q001 w/ red on top = 0.328
                Q001 w/ black on top = 0.322
                Q002 w/ red on top = 0.342
                Q002 w/ black on top = 0.336
                Q021 w/ red on top = 47.0
                Q021 w/ black on top = 47.0
                Q022 w/ red on top = 47.0
                Q022 w/ black on top = 47.0

Comment

Q001 w/ red on top = 0.328
                  Q001 w/ black on top = 0.322
                  Q002 w/ red on top = 0.342
                  Q002 w/ black on top = 0.336
                  Q021 w/ red on top = 47.0
                  Q021 w/ black on top = 47.0
                  Q022 w/ red on top = 47.0
                  Q022 w/ black on top = 47.0
                  so is this between pins 1-3 and are these resistance readings? Are the 47 figures ohms or K ohms

Comment

These readings are between pins 1 and 3 (I did NOT touch the middle leg). All of these figures are in ohms.
                    Last edited by playab0yyy; 12-09-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Correction!!! There is a "K" at the top of the screen. So I guess it's K ohms.

Comment

well it appears 2 are shorted , 2 are not which is unusual but I'll just have to trust you've got it right. 47K is spot on across those outer legs. So the 0.3 figures also were in ohms or was there another symbol like K or M?

It's difficult to guide you with little experience. There's a way we can confirm no 10 blink caused by PSU or A board but somehow we need to check the SN board too as it can be damaged by a bad SS.

Just confirm those other 2 transistors 0.3 ohms.

If the SS is causing 10 blink we could try disconecting ss11 and ss3 then power the TV on and see what blink we get. I don't remember now what that does . If you do this , after the TV shuts down, turn off and let sit for 5 min before reconnecting any power cables to the SS(ss11,ss3)

Comment

I just replaced the SS board (TNPA5072AC). I now get 46.9 or 47 k ohms at all transistors on the SS board. However, after turning on the tv, I still get 10 red blinks. :-( Any other ideas?

Comment

Yeah, well I guess that's one way to prove the SS was bad. I did allude to what was next in post #31. We'd only just started fault finding, still yet to prove the 10 blink.

Try this first, tv off, disconnect SS11,SN2, P35, the 3 white ribbons at the A board

Turn TV on and confirm it turns on and no blinks. This proves the P and A boards are not the cause of 10 blink.

Turn TV off

Leave everything removed for 5 mins before reconnection, panel can be destroyed if p35 still has charge, sn2, ss11 will have 200v residual for a while.

Assuming that passed.

Hook everything back up, leave ss3,ss1 removed and turn on . If still 10 blinks I would check out the SN for shorted transistors or chek Sn2 connector for low resistance or short

Keep the dead SS board, they are repairable.

Comment

"Try this first, tv off, disconnect SS11,SN2, P35, the 3 white ribbons at the A board

Turn TV on and confirm it turns on and no blinks. This proves the P and A boards are not the cause of 10 blink."

---I turned it on and it was a solid red light. No blinks.

"Hook everything back up, leave ss3,ss1 removed and turn on . If still 10 blinks I would check out the SN for shorted transistors or chek Sn2 connector for low resistance or short"

---I cannot find SS1. Did you mean SS11? Well, I removed SS3 and SS11 and I did still get 10 blinks.

Can you tell me how to test for shorted transistors and how to test SN2 for low resistance or a short?
                              Last edited by playab0yyy; 12-09-2014, 04:46 PM.

Comment

"Try this first, tv off, disconnect SS11,SN2, P35, the 3 white ribbons at the A board

Turn TV on and confirm it turns on and no blinks. This proves the P and A boards are not the cause of 10 blink."

---I turned it on and it was a solid red light. No blinks.

"Hook everything back up, leave ss3,ss1 removed and turn on . If still 10 blinks I would check out the SN for shorted transistors or chek Sn2 connector for low resistance or short"

---I cannot find SS1. Did you mean SS11? Well, I removed SS3 and SS11 and I did still get 10 blinks.

Can you tell me how to test for shorted transistors and how to test SN2 for low resistance or a short?
                                Ok, so chances are bad SN. Just test the transistors the same as the SS, all the Heatsinked ones, also check smd diodes D441,451

There's a couple of dirt cheap ones I've found

Comment

D441 = 3.74 M ohm with black probe on top/red on bottom.
                                  D441 = 4.43 M ohm with red probe on top/black on bottom.
                                  D451 = No reading at all.

The heatsinked transistors had readings all over the place. All kinds of different numbers.

I have a replacement SN board coming to me in the mail. Should have it tomorrow or Friday.

Comment

I'm following this thread now..my son brought me his TC-P42C2 to look at...if he wasn't my kid I would have strangled him!lol!

It's doing the same thing as this one..wont power up and gives 10 blinks...
                                    I've checked the power board..can't find 15 volts on it any where...got a hit for 4.7 volts at stby5v and 3.1 at ECO-ON and nothing from the bottom connector with 15Vs...

I checked the transistors on the SS board and 7 of the 8 are shorted...
                                    Thats as far as I've gotten on it..

I hope we can bring this thread back to life.

Thanks for any help offered!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
                                      I'm following this thread now..my son brought me his TC-P42C2 to look at...if he wasn't my kid I would have strangled him!lol!

It's doing the same thing as this one..wont power up and gives 10 blinks...
                                      I've checked the power board..can't find 15 volts on it any where...got a hit for 4.7 volts at stby5v and 3.1 at ECO-ON and nothing from the bottom connector with 15Vs...

I checked the transistors on the SS board and 7 of the 8 are shorted...
                                      Thats as far as I've gotten on it..

I hope we can bring this thread back to life.

Thanks for any help offered!
                                      probably find some of those are diodes but the SS short is a common fault just a bit tricky knowing whether the SN is also bad or not.

All i can suggest is check all the transistors on the heatsinks on the Sn for shorts and those smd diodes i have labelled in the picture .
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by tw2005; 01-25-2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                        probably find some of those are diodes but the SS short is a common fault just a bit tricky knowing whether the SN is also bad or not.

All i can suggest is check all the transistors on the heatsinks on the Sn for shorts and those smd diodes i have labelled in the picture .
                                        Maybe I will strangle him...

Thanks for the pic and info...I will check these tomorrow..getting late here and this old man needs some rest.

Again,thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
                                          Maybe I will strangle him...

Thanks for the pic and info...I will check these tomorrow..getting late here and this old man needs some rest.

Again,thanks.
                                          Repairing the SS is fairly straight forward if that way inclined. 4 x RJP30E4 and M81735p fet driver is probably good to do that too.i've done just the transistors. 1 board is still working the other lasted 3 days, I did not do the driver on that one so ? on what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                          X