Olin HVBT-2000B bad logic board caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olin HVBT-2000B bad logic board caps

Recently, I bought an Olin HVBT-2000B set-top box from a local junk shop.

Upon opening, I found that C525 and C577 (+1.5V CPU - from an on-board DC-DC converter), as well as C523 (+1.5V Demodulator - from a linear regulator) were bulging (all of them were 470uF 16V units).
    Ironically, none of the electrolytics on the power supply board were bulging , and this is the second time I have seen an electrolytic capacitor bulging after a linear regulator.
    The bulging units must have been worked pretty hard...

I thought it was best to replace C525, C577 and C523 with solid polymer units, along with all of the units (except the 400V Samwha RD Series unit) on the power supply board, also with an upgrade of C607, C670 and C680 with 100uF 50V units.
    The units bulging on the logic board were YST brand (CD263 series), and the power supply board had YST, Acon and Licon units, not to mention the Samwha 400V unit.

The "YST" units appear to be Yunstar units from an Internet search for "YST", "CD263" and "electrolytic".
    Attached Files
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.
Working...
X