Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the caps surrounded with white bad?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. My TV broke down today I guess due to bad caps. Could you help me identify if the caps surrounded with white are bad. once again i am brand new and did not even know about caps until today. Also there is a green cap that has a blue color on its top is it bad too. Thanks

Attached Files

Re: Are the caps surrounded with white bad?

Originally posted by dthiaw View Post
    My TV broke down today I guess due to bad caps. Could you help me identify if the caps surrounded with white are bad. once again i am brand new and did not even know about caps until today. Also there is a green cap that has a blue color on its top is it bad too.
    Visually your caps look okay, but caps do not have to bloated in order to be bad. They can have high ESR (ohms) or be out of capacitance.

Here is a suggestion.

Describe your "broke" TV in detail including on screen symptoms, number of times the LEDs blink, the color, etc, etc.

Post what TV brand and make you have. Are you the original owner? Is it plasma or LCD?

The more info you provide, the more likely you will get constructive help.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Well I have a samsung HP T4254 plasma tv. the TV was not turning on. When turned on there would be a clicking noise for like up to 5 minutes and once finally turned on it would shut off after5 minutes. and same ol scenario again

Well i did some research online and everyone seems to say that it s a problem with the caps

Comment

Originally posted by dthiaw View Post
        Well I have a samsung HP T4254 plasma tv. the TV was not turning on. When turned on there would be a clicking noise for like up to 5 minutes and once finally turned on it would shut off after5 minutes. and same ol scenario again

Well i did some research online and everyone seems to say that it s a problem with the caps
        Preher tech does good tv video and info. This could be your problem.

http://preher-tv.blogspot.com/2010/0...-repaired.html
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
          Preher tech does good tv video and info. This could be your problem.

http://preher-tv.blogspot.com/2010/0...-repaired.html
          Thank you so much

Comment

I have one of these sets now in my shop although it's not a complete failure. It works for about five minutes and then goes into this clicking mode. I may just plug it in for about a day to see if it will go catastrophic. Was there any success to this set by way of the procedure listed on the site posted above?? Any follow-up??
            The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Working...
            X