Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 40rv525u sound feedback & power issue

Hello,

I have a Toshiba 40RV525U power up and sound feedback issue. It has trouble powering up as sometimes it takes a few tries. If no direct signal there is a loud feedback wail that won't stop until power is off. Other times it works great. We want to fix it but don't know what to change and where to look for part. Can anyone help?

My spouse is great and cleaning tvs and minor repairs but needs guidance on diagnosing issue, where to start fix and what to buy. Any help would be great and if you have a YouTube video even better. I gave him access to any responses and we look forward to learning.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Re: Toshiba 40rv525u sound feedback & power issue

If you could get it apart carefully, post some quality pictures ( using manage attachments). This will give all of us a start at helping.

First, a picture of the whole set apart
    then a picture of the boards individually.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

BTW, here is a link to another thread where this TV is worked on. Inside, seems to be a link to the service manual as well.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=40rv525u
      The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Thank you for the link. It starts up black then fails. Then next couple times same thing, slowly it show option to choose language briefly, before dying. When we finally get the grey static and language selections it is on and functioning fine as long as we don't turn it off. Loud pitch noises happen when it tries to start. Once a sleep, or off it won't start again and we repeat trial power on and off until it works.

Someone said to leave it on, I hope there is an energy saver mode. Is there energy saving mode? Please say there is so we can just leave it on until we get parts to fix it.

I'll try to get images. Thank you all for helping
        Last edited by SirenSeeks; 05-23-2016, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Update. If your having my tv issue, leave it on until it stops screeching and you hear tv static. About 10 minutes. Then turn it off and quickly back on. It then works perfectly until turned off again. It's a work around until it gets fixed, but it works.

Comment

Working...
          X