Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 60PFL8708S/12 Android Upgrade Kit Issue (Pictures Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 60PFL8708S/12 Android Upgrade Kit Issue (Pictures Inside)

Happy Holidays everyone!

Here I have a 60PFL8708s/12 that I am trying to revive by installing the 996597007730 Android upgrade kit;

The kit has been installed and I have followed the instructions to the letter, however upon powering on the tv with the USB stick and the files needed on there, instead of seeing 'Update in progress' all I am seeing is a black screen (backlight is fine). Also before turning on the tv, the white LED on the bottom of the tv is flashing around 60 times, before it going solid (standby mode), then I wake the tv with the remote to see the LED blink 4 or 5 times before it then displays just the backlight, no picture whatsoever.

Now I am wondering whether or not this kit is even built for my specific model, as I only see the 60PFL6008 (not my 60PFL8708s/12) being listed in the sellers description;

Also, when selecting the NVM file from the folder that has been provided by the seller, I picked the one named '60PFL6008S_R1_51_NVM' because that was the only 60" listed in the folder.;

I did rename it NVM.bin as instructed, when placing it in the root of the USB stick, as with the NVM.eed file and the folder UPGRADES containing the autorun_QM164E_000.016.102.024.upg file.

When pressing random buttons on the remote it does sometimes make the screen turn the backlight off and on as if you are going through certain menu's. But no picture, ever.

To add; the USB stick shows an added folder named LOST.DIR after retrieving it from the tv.
    According to the seller it should work in my tv, only it will eliminate the 4 sided Ambilight.
    Hopefully some knowledgeable people here can help me resolve this, I don't know when the seller will get back to me. Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by DutchDIY; 12-24-2022, 08:27 PM.

Re: Philips 60PFL8708S/12 Android Upgrade Kit Issue (Pictures Inside)

where do you have purchased this kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
      where do you have purchased this kit?
      Why?

Comment

it interests me and also i can help you..

Comment

it interests me and also i can help you..
          It is from here.

Comment

the text is almost clear, no compatibility with your model, there is not a correct panel support i guess.. But if you want "fun" a bit, try every setup until you find a good one, no matter how many inches..
            Last edited by Davi.p; 12-25-2022, 04:09 AM.

Comment

the text is almost clear, no compatibility with your model, there is not a correct panel support i guess.. But if you want "fun" a bit, try every setup until you find a good one, no matter how many inches..
              No luck unfortunately.. any other suggestions?
              Has anyone even successfully used this Android kit in their 60PFL8708s/12?

Comment

the 8000 series is different and higher quality respect to 6000 line, try watch the specs, if the panels are technologically different there's nothing you can do, buying a tcon board for the 6000 series could be a further risk of money waste..

Comment

Is that due to the difference in the panel? Because the original mainboard number is in fact displayed in the sellers listing (310432881641).

Also, could there be a NVM.bin file out there for the 8000 series?

Comment

yes the culprit is the panel, i have said, there's no reason that it exist a config file for your tv and it is not distributed, since 8000 series was less sold they haven't had the idea to support it. Since this kit is high probable a remedy from philips factory, try to contact they and warn they
                    Last edited by Davi.p; 12-26-2022, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Changing the display option via a standard RC
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                        Changing the display option via a standard RC
                        Nothing happens.. but thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

For anyone who has never worked with these sets, yes it works in all 6xx8 and 7xx8 series and also in the 8708 series with the exception of the 8008 because it only has 1 LVDS connection. All other models have 2 LVDS connections.
                          The model does not appear in the list because the set was not actually built for this model, which is why the Ambilight does not work properly. I have already built some of them into an 8708 and that works well, the panel code also works immediately without installation. Having said this, it is better to ignore the suggestions as they lead to nothing, the settings were correct and now need to be put back.

Comment

It is not clear your message, if the board is designed to be compatible with the OP's one why it doesn't work and it is not listed?

Comment

The mainboard is not programmed for 4 sided ambilight but only for 2 and 3 sided ambilight.
                              Philips has developed these kits for the 6XX8 and 7XX8 series and not actually for the 8XX8 series, which also only have one LVDS cable. The 87X8 is an exception to this because it has two LVDS cables, the kit works in the 87X8 but the Ambilight does not work properly. That is why the 87X8 is not on the list. I have now received the set back and have started working with it. The error is in both LVDS cables where some traces are interrupted.
                              Attached Files

Comment

hy i have the same tv with defective mainboard and i would buy the mainboard kit but i dont understand so it can be replaced with this kit do i need to make some changes or something pls try to explain thank you

Comment

Originally posted by CroBUTKO91 View Post
                                  hy i have the same tv with defective mainboard and i would buy the mainboard kit but i dont understand so it can be replaced with this kit do i need to make some changes or something pls try to explain thank you
                                  Hello, this kit is a replacement for the original mainboard for serveral models with a QFU1.2 chassis. If you have a 60PFL8708/12 the kit will work but without the Ambilight, the reason Ambilight does not work is already explained in this topic. If you have a XXPFL6XX8/12 or XXPFL7XX8/12 the kit works perfect.

Comment

great and awesome i have 60PFL8708/12 i will order it soon as posible thank you this comunity is awesome

Comment

hy just ordered my kit waiting delivery a question this step can it be skipped?

---Now there is one thing to do before your TV is ready for use, the serial number has to be added. To
                                      do so, press 062596 OK on your remote to enter the service menu, scroll down until you see NVM
                                      editor, click on the right cursor key and go to Production code, enter the serial number here (14 digits
                                      and letters)---

or i just tipe any serial or it must be from my model

and to be shure i should update with 60PFL6008S_R1_51_NVM.bin file right?
                                      thank you

Comment

Originally posted by CroBUTKO91 View Post
                                        ---Now there is one thing to do before your TV is ready for use, the serial number has to be added. To
                                        do so, press 062596 OK on your remote to enter the service menu, scroll down until you see NVM
                                        editor, click on the right cursor key and go to Production code, enter the serial number here (14 digits
                                        and letters)---
                                        or i just tipe any serial or it must be from my model
                                        and to be shure i should update with 60PFL6008S_R1_51_NVM.bin file right?
                                        thank you
                                        60PFL6008S_R1_51_NVM.bin must be shotened to NVM.bin , same goes for the EED file. If you need a serial number just search the internet and you will find some.
                                        Please ask questions via email, it works fatser because I do not always read here.

Comment

Working...
                                        X