Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 51d530 lava lamp problem

Hello all,

I bought a used samsung 51D530 to replace another tv that broke. The picture looks more or less ok except for the upper right part of the screen. It has a wavy purple lava lamp effect that shimmer and waves partly into the screen towards the middle. Sometimes it is only about 10% of the way in, and sometimes it makes its way half way in toward the center. I also notice the upper right quarter of the screen sometimes seems to shimmer slightly on white backgrounds.
    Could this be a bad X-main board? Could this be a bad main board? I can't seem to figure it out even after reading through these forums.

Randolph

Re: Samsung 51d530 lava lamp problem

Can you post as picture of the "lava lamp effect"?

Comment

I will try and post a picture if I can get a decent shot with my phone

Comment

I tried to take a picture with my phone, but it did not show up in the pictures.

The last two days it has been more like a wide not solid flashing purple haze that flashes or shimmers that extends towards the middle of the screen and then retreats over and over again.

I'm sorry I can't explain it better.

Randolph

Comment

Is it something like this? but DO NOT EVER do what he did, that's not how you fix it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KsGoE8ehnY

Comment

No, nothing like that. I can still watch the tv no problem. It is a only a 10% horizontal stripe from the upper right that does it. And it comes and goes. It might be there for 20 seconds, than gone for 20 seconds, then back for 20, then gone for 20. It also travels from only a small strip on the upper right to half-way into the pannel.

Randolph

Comment

Ok, I didn't realize this was a plasma set, better left to the plasma pros here.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-05-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I noticed when this happens if a pause the video for a second and then start the video again it goes away. Strange huh. I was thinking since it not on the screen 100% of the time it could be possible the main board?

Comment

Working...
                X