glued tv screens!,how to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glued tv screens!,how to remove?

Hi all im starting to get tvs with glued in tv screens,can people tell me what tools they use to remove the screens?,thanks.

Re: glued tv screens!,how to remove?

One of the safest ways I have found is to heat a Ufix bean bag up in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes and lay it on top of the panel where the adhesive is for about 3-4 minutes and slide a plastic playing card carefully underneath the panel and once it starts to slice through the adhesive leave the card in place and go onto to the next section so have the whole deck of cards ready. If it's a bezeless design the adhesive will be all the way around or on 3 sides only depending on the model. On some models you will be able to see the white sections of adhesive barely sticking out like on some Sony's so you can see where to apply safe heat to loosen the adhesive. You can get the Ufix bean bags at cell phone repair supplier's or shops or try Ebay. Good luck
    Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks Bruce i will try the playing cards it makes total sense.Cheers.

Comment

HI Bruce stupid question do you use plastic coated cards or all plastic playing cards?,thanks.

Comment

all plastic playing cards

Comment

I actually use both types because with the plastic coated they can bend a little in case the plastic bezel that's under the panel is slightly higher than the panel so I can get the card under there with that little bend without putting too much pressure on the panel. We do 5-8 backlight repairs a week and we keep logs on the degree of difficulty and what models have the pain in the ass two sided tape or adhesive strips. We are turning down some of the bezeless design Samsungs and some edge lit models because it's too much of a pain in the ass or too risky.

Comment

Working...
            X