PN60E530A3F no picture, sound, getting 10v on VS, 0 VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PN60E530A3F no picture, sound, getting 10v on VS, 0 VA

The screen itself is now bad. The corresponding ribbon on the bottom buffer board is damaged. Highly unlikely to be repaired. Bummer.

Comment

The vertical line I'm unsure of what would cause that. I would suggest ensuring all the ribbon cables attached to the logic board are also correctly and securely in place.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
        The vertical line I'm unsure of what would cause that. I would suggest ensuring all the ribbon cables attached to the logic board are also correctly and securely in place.
        I replaced the logic board so I should invest time laying it flat again

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
          The screen itself is now bad. The corresponding ribbon on the bottom buffer board is damaged. Highly unlikely to be repaired. Bummer.
          Are you sure is one of the ribbons on the lower buffer board? And not the ribbons in the logic?

Comment

It won't hurt to try to re seat the ribbon, I hope it works, but the colors in the lines makes me think bad panel ribbon.

Comment

It won't hurt to try to re seat the ribbon, I hope it works, but the colors in the lines makes me think bad panel ribbon.
              You are not far from right in this one. If I had left ribbons unseated properly before with such a small margin of error I am sure it could be. Based on samsungs specifications and training there are 2 possible causes:

bad panel
              bad logic board
              connections

I would like to believe the logic board is fine since it allowed me to turn the panel on, and I just recently replaced it. I will verify the connections and clean them all out with alcohol.

Comment

Another line came up for some reason. So after testing the ribbons by leaving the ribbons on and off I determine two ribbons that are the direct the cause of the line. Neither of them look like they are bad at least from the outside. One of the is attached to the logic main, and the other one is attached to the board to the right of the logic main. At this point is it worth replacing the the logic board and the other board.
                Attached Files

Comment

Is it a known fact that normal behavior is steady blink at 1 second interval? I had a lightening strike take out all of my TV’s. Learned how to do the test pattern on both my Samsung plasmas indicating that my main pc boards were likely bad, replaced the 1 board and it worked great. Finally got my other board today. Plugged it in and it appeared to work fine telling me no source signal which was correct. I hooked up cable box and put back on and fired it up and it did nothing but slow 6 seconds on 2 seconds off blink with sound. Then took closer look and realized the ebay seller did the switcheroo on me. His ad showed the correct board for my 550 series TV but the board he sent was for a 6500 series! Now I can’t even get the test patterns by jumping 3/4. If I disconnect the Y ribbon I get steady green led blink every one second. If I disconnect the X ribbon (with Y plugged in) I get no blink of any kind. I’m hoping that the 6500 series main board simply wrote something to the chips on the X/Y boards that a 550 series can’t deal with and when I get the correct 550 series main board in there it will re-write the correct code and all will be well. Wishful thinking?

Comment

I have this exact model for recycle in the tear-down room for testing. I have nearly the same symptoms but on mine Vs comes up to full voltage and drops off. PDP is cracked.
                    They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Working...
                    X