Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PK950 no sound

Hello all!

I am new to this forum and hope to get some advice for my problem with my LG60PK950.

My 9-year-old PK950 has had some noise problems for a year. Crackling and popping sounds from the TV and sometimes the sound disappears temporarily. Both from the TV speakers and via the HT system.

However, now the sound has completely disappeared since the last time popping sounds occurred.

Is there a way to fix this? Or is my beloved PK950 ready for a trip to the junkyard ...?

Thanks in advance!

Richard

Re: LG 60PK950 no sound

Can you get sound from the headphone socket or when outputted to any bluetooth device ie soundbar.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      Can you get sound from the headphone socket or when outputted to any bluetooth device ie soundbar.
      There is no headphones out, just optical (HT setup) and that is "dead" too.

Greetz Richard
      Last edited by dIggO; 04-16-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Do you have the 17V_Amp to IC700
        Attached Files

Comment

Some pics...

Enlargement of the two red rimmed boards:

Enlargement of the chip on the last board:

If more pics are of any help, I'm glad to post them!

Thanks in advance!

Richard
          Last edited by dIggO; 04-16-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

OK, one step further.

I suspected the lower right board with the tuner and HDMI ports. So I heated it slightly up with a heat gun. After a minute sound came back. So it "must" be a faulty connection/soldering joint.

Any idea what components to suspect?

Comment

Try and narrow down the area that you are heating so as to identify the component(s) that may be faulty.
              Last edited by dick_barton; 04-17-2020, 04:13 AM.

Comment

That's a plan, but sound stays on right now...

Comment

More than likely the cpu chip under the large heatsink is the culprit.

Comment

Took the board (eax61141605(0)) off. And heated it firmly on the backside.
                    It still works. Hopefully it stays like that while looking for a spare part. But so far Google links on this part are dead...

Thanks for all the help so far!

Comment

As tvtimmy pointed out, the main processor chip underneath the heatsink is more than likely the culprit, and I will second that.
                      We have fixed hundreds of these boards with that processor chip being the source of several different issues, from audio issues, HDMI issues, to the TV not even showing any picture on screen what so ever, and no audio at the same time.
                      It's a common failure and your heating did fix it and will fix it temporarily, but unless you either reflow, reball, or replace that chip, the issue will come back within the next few days, weeks or you might actually be okay for a few months if the cracked joint isn't that bad.

Comment

Thank you all for your answers!

Tv is still doing fine, but when it comes to silence again, I will reflow!

Comment

Working...
                        X