LN46B610A5F Vertical and Horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LN46B610A5F Vertical and Horizontal lines

Getting hit with both sides on this one.

Its got small evenly spaced black horizontal lines.

And then when you wait about a minute after it being on a bunch of other vertical multicolored lines start to appear. I noticed a bulged cap on the p-board which ill get to replacing but i didnt figure that had anything to do with it.

The black spaced lines do show on the menu. But the colored lines do not go through the menu.

I'm assuming its a bad tcon and possibly main. Although i was thinking that bulged cap might have something to do with it.

Wanted to get some more opinions though. Thanks guys.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Demonata08; 05-30-2019, 07:53 PM.

Re: LN46B610A5F Vertical and Horizontal lines

Check both sides of the ldvs ribbon. I had one that opened up and caused this fault.

Comment

Replace those 2 bulgers, might be your only problem.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 05-30-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        I'm trying to wrap my head around how the pboard could cause that issue from a bad cap. I'm obviously a newbie here but i dont see how that could be. Ill go ahead and replace it as i was gonna do that anyways.

Just for more info, I picked this one up for 20 from a lady who said her son might have hit it with a soccer ball. She was unsure if thats what started it though.

Comment

Update. The bulgers were completely dead... They're replaced but still same issue persist.

I'm thinking it must not be the panel if it can start up completely fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
            Check both sides of the ldvs ribbon. I had one that opened up and caused this fault.
            Tried, no luck there. There seems to be the one solid red line. After startup it takes about a minute to appear. It is not there the first few seconds.

There a bunch of vertical rainbow lines that appear in random spots just randomly sometimes. but that red one is always in the same spot.

Theres also the black horizontal lines that are very evenly spaced out throughout the whole picture. I've seen people say theyve replaced the tcon to fix that. But shop jimmy says on the TCON buying page that it will not fix horizontal lines ><

Comment

Looks like panel failure to me.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                Looks like panel failure to me.
                I was thinking that was a possibility. But why would it work and show the proper image for any amount of time at all if it was a panel issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Demonata08 View Post
                  I was thinking that was a possibility. But why would it work and show the proper image for any amount of time at all if it was a panel issue?
                  Why wouldn't it?

Comment

Why wouldn't it?
                    I mean. I dunno. But if stands to reason for me that if the panel had issues showing lines in places that itd always show those lines. Not work shortly then show the lines.

It would also stand to reason that the panel may not be broken because the menu is drawn over the line. The menu is transparent so you can still slightly see the line. If the panel was bad wouldnt the line draw straight through the menu as well?

But again im a newbie at this stuff and ive yet to see a bad panel so i have no idea what its capable of. Thats why im asking.
                    Last edited by Demonata08; 05-31-2019, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I'm no expert either, but I've seen plenty of early Samsung panel failures. There are plenty of examples on this forum and I myself have a couple.
                      As to why sometimes and not all the time, I can only think it's down to the extremely tiny traces in the panel and possibly the effects of heat and or pressure.

Comment

I'm no expert either, but I've seen plenty of early Samsung panel failures. There are plenty of examples on this forum and I myself have a couple.
                        As to why sometimes and not all the time, I can only think it's down to the extremely tiny traces in the panel and possibly the effects of heat and or pressure.
                        Yeah I've been going through the forums. From what ive see. So far. They tend to not be panel failures if the menu renders perfectly over the lines. I could be wrong about that. Im still reading :/

Comment

You could try the the "cut tape" method, just a piece of tape covering some contacts on the tcon ribbon, if it gets better then you have confirmed a bad panel. May have to work with different widths of tape.

Comment

One example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgIP9gitrlo

Comment

You could try the the "cut tape" method, just a piece of tape covering some contacts on the tcon ribbon, if it gets better then you have confirmed a bad panel. May have to work with different widths of tape.
                              Yeah i saw that too. It confuses the hell out of me. I mean it makes sense that itd get better in most places but worse in others. Like where ever the short is. Yet i saw videos of people actually fixing the lines completely with that method lol

I went ahead and ordered a new tcon. Ill try the tape method for the time being. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Did you try a different source, like dvd, game system or digital antenna? or a different hdmi cable if your using hdmi?
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 05-31-2019, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Reseating and cleaning tcon ribbons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOCLpJub2l0

Comment

You are not seeing doubling images, correct? The doubling image caused by bad Gate drive.
                                    Since the vertical lines shows up after warm up, you can try cooling the TFT driver IC on the flexible PCB or COF in that section.
                                    If you want to learn, you can study about the LCD panel, T-CON in the attached PDF's.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by budm; 05-31-2019, 02:50 AM.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                      You are not seeing doubling images, correct? The doubling image caused by bad Gate drive.
                                      Since the vertical lines shows up after warm up, you can try cooling the TFT driver IC on the flexible PCB or COF in that section.
                                      If you want to learn, you can study about the LCD panel, T-CON in the attached PDF's.
                                      Yeah thanks. Ill read through those. And no. Theres no doubling or anything like that. The longer the set is on the more pronounced the lines get. Ive been trying to find similar situations on the forums here but ive not see anything like it so far.

Most people have lines that stay all the time. I did find a few that had lines that appeared on start up but disappeared after warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                        Budm you seem to be a very knowledgable person. Let me ask you. Does the fact that the menu draws perfectly over these lines not mean anything?

As i was saying the menu is suppose to be transparent so you can see a little of the lines. But the borders of the menu are not transparent. You can see if you zoom in on the pictures that the border of the input overlay is not at all effected by the line.

Comment

Working...
                                        X