Samsung UE55JU6872UXXH - Lower third darker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE55JU6872UXXH - Lower third darker

Some photos... regular spacer... front and back. It can be rotated 90 degrees. But I do not think I have to remove these.
    And white spacer... only front for now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well... it looks like white one is the same as the others... but only white ones are in front of the reflective sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
        Those standoff I turn it 90 degree and pull out.
        True. Now I have to remove white plastic frame that holds reflective sheet.

Comment

Removed the reflective sheet, moved LED strips up and down where these connect to the vertical power strip...
          And it works now.

Now I have a different problem... loud 50Hz buzz from the power board...
          Attached Files

Comment

just turn on the TV with the screen removed , you will see if any of the LED's are faulty

Comment

Looks like that is what he did, look at the post above yours.

Comment

Originally posted by bbccbb View Post
                Removed the reflective sheet, moved LED strips up and down where these connect to the vertical power strip...
                And it works now.

Now I have a different problem... loud 50Hz buzz from the power board...
                the noise you hear because u still have bad contact at BL strips sockets. you need to re solder them all

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  the noise you hear because u still have bad contact at BL strips sockets. you need to re solder them all
                  You think that I should check the sockets on the vertical power strip?
                  Or to check the socket that connects power strip with power board?

I still have the whole TV disassembled.

Comment

Originally posted by bbccbb View Post
                    You think that I should check the sockets on the vertical power strip?
                    Or to check the socket that connects power strip with power board?

I still have the whole TV disassembled.
                    thought you just move sockets with hand and they power on..
                    also re soldering all sockets on the vertical BL strip even the sockets on PSU to be sure this will never happen again

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                      thought you just move sockets with hand and they power on..
                      also re soldering all sockets on the vertical BL strip even the sockets on PSU to be sure this will never happen again
                      No... I moved lower horizontal strips (those that did not light up) 2mm up and then down just to reconnect with vertical power strip. After doing that BL lit up.
                      Maybe I should do that with all horizontal strips.

I can also hear popping sounds from power board when I connect the power cable. Not turning the TV on... just plugging it into socket.
                      Popping sound originates from transformers with multiple leads, packed in black plastic, located in the middle of the board.

And a bit strange question... I think I can hear sound from the BL strips. 50Hz with something in the higher frequencies. How can LED produce sound?!?!
                      I'll try to record what I hear.
                      Last edited by bbccbb; 04-14-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Ok... here are the recorded sounds.
                        First one is sound recorded at the central transformers after switching the TV off. This popping sound is audible at the moment TV receives power (stand by also).

The second sound is recorded near LED strips while turning the TV on from standby.

Sounds placed inside a .zip file.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Does this mean I have to change power board?

Comment

Working...
                          X