Vizio D58u-D3 failing leds, seeking strips or leds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio D58u-D3 failing leds, seeking strips or leds

Do you know of any youtube videos that show the the tab removal process? I havent found any just yet.

Comment

Also, not sure if you can see it on the pictures of the side tabs...on the Vizio there is not side address bar. So the side drivers dont appear to be connected to anything. It almost likethe tab is integrated into the panel somehow.

Comment

The control and power for the side gate drivers comes from the T-Con, and then is fed through the bottom edge boards to the outer-edge of the last bottom flex connector at each corner and then into the panel. Then through the panel itself up to the side tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Charleyd View Post
          The control and power for the side gate drivers comes from the T-Con, and then is fed through the bottom edge boards to the outer-edge of the last bottom flex connector at each corner and then into the panel. Then through the panel itself up to the side tabs.
          Got it (i think). So should I tear them off or use a Razor and cut them clean with the panel edge?

Comment

Peel them off. And if something gets left behind, I would turn on the TV before trying anything aggressive to remove the remnants. (Also, I made a post that went to the previous page (Page 2) of this thread. You need to remove all 8 of them.)
            Last edited by Charleyd; 01-10-2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Here is upclose pic of the tab closed to bottom of tv.

It sort of looks like there is about 1/16" that looks like it is connected to the panel. So maybe cutting it off is no good.
              Attached Files

Comment

Peel them off. And if something gets left behind, I would turn on the TV before trying anything aggressive to remove the remnants. (Also, I made a post that went to the previous page (Page 2) of this thread. You need to remove all 8 of them.)
                Sounds good. Yes I saw that post. Remove all or none.

Comment

I am definitely going to use your "peel from both sides" approach to hopefully eliminate any part of the ribbon tearing.

Would using a hair dryer to "warm up" the tab connections loosen or is that heat not hot enough to do anything?

Comment

I have actually seen YouTube videos showing people using heat. The glue holding the tabs on will soften with heat. Look here starting at around 55 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyKOL-Xwo1Q
                    Last edited by Charleyd; 01-10-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Well i dont actually have a "heat gun" but I do have a hair dryer. I guess it cant hurt. I just wont place it very close to the panel in hopes of avoiding any heat damage.

Comment

I have actually seen YouTube videos showing people using heat. The glue holding the tabs on will soften with heat. Look here starting at around 55 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyKOL-Xwo1Q
                        I did see that video. Though i was concerned because it showed them fixing the tabs on the lower address bar, which gets fed from the Tcon board. This vizio simply has Tcon board to bottom address bars (left side and right side), then 8 ribbon tabs on the left and right sides (which have not physical chip board.

Comment

Moment of truth....tabs have been removed clean. Hair dryer worked like a charm. They came right off nice and smooth.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Worked like a charm.
                            See images.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions.
                            Horizontal lines are gone. Picture is perfect.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations! Remember to get the "good" side tabs tucked into the protectors.

Comment

Congratulations! Remember to get the "good" side tabs tucked into the protectors.
                                I actually never even touched or untucked the good side tabs.

Comment

maybe is a little late, but congratulation to both, Is good to know that exist people like Charleyd willing to help and save the planet avoid electronic waste.

Comment

Working...
                                  X