Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M65 Everything works just not at the same time-

https://youtu.be/c1d8HeIPbnM

Here is a video I recorded. The "clicking sound" is my 6 year old so disregard that.

As you can see the lights all work just not at the same time. I have replaced the PS, Mainboard, Tcon and have tested all leds. I am wondering if maybe there are some bad caps on the PS that is causing this to happen but I am clueless. I have repaired about 15 tv's so I am familiar enough with the typical troubleshooting but at this point I am lost. Any suggestions are welcome.

Also this issue was prior to my starting the update. I was told by someone the update would fix it.. it did not.

Also I have lowered the LED backlight down and the brightness.. Also shut off any kind of adaptive lighting. Still the same issue.
    Last edited by juliusvichinsky; 09-09-2018, 02:32 PM.

Re: Vizio M65 Everything works just not at the same time-

This issue can't be the main or tcon. To me its either the LEDs, the LED driver board or something in between these two (bad contact, something shorting out)...

Comment

It is likely the led driver board, what is the complete model number or what is the led driver board number?
      is it 0171-2471-0103 or 0171-2471-0122 or label number 3665-0072-0111(2A)
      Last edited by R_J; 09-09-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        It is likely the led driver board, what is the complete model number or what is the led driver board number?
        is it 0171-2471-0103 or 0171-2471-0122 or label number 3665-0072-0111(2A)

I have already replaced out the driver board and the same problem exists. Possible two bad boards...

Comment

I have replaced the PS, Mainboard, Tcon and have tested all leds
          Well there is nothing left if you replaced ALL the boards, how did you test the leds?

Comment

Well as it turns out your feedback was all helpful. I started from point A again and went item by item. I found that the LED driver board I ordered was not the correct one. The difference of 1 number in the middle of the secondary board number (so the stamped board was identical). This board is not compatible and so I have ordered a new board. Ultimately my own fault for not double checking. I hope the correct board will resolve the issue.

Comment

good luck and report back when you get the new driver board!

Comment

Working...
              X