Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50S2 7 blinks

Hi there,

Yet another odd Panasonic issue. So I get 7 blinks on this TV. Followed the guide by shorting the jumper on the SC card and disconnecting the 3 connectors to the SU / SD cards. I still get the error by now 10 blinks.

Impedance on the SS power pins is about 6.x M Ohm. ON the SC 1.7 K Ohm.

Any thoughts what to look at next? Vsus doesn't seem to comp up at all. I'll keep trying.

Re: Panasonic TC-P50S2 7 blinks

Now after taking few measurements, safely, it's showing 10 blinks

Comment

In reviewing the videos, the System was actually giving 8 blinks, not 7. Sorry about that.

After I isolated the SC card from SD / SU and added the Jumper, I started getting 10 blinks consistently, even with all the connections are in place. Have I fried something??

I disconnect sc2, ss11,p35, the 3 white ribbons attached to the A-board and the TV on , I get no errors. Someone suggests that issue is with SC board.

I ordered the SC repair kit from ShopJimmy, but I"m afraid I have other damage on the SS board.. Any way to find if there is an issue with SS card?

Comment

Any help please?

Comment

Hi, best bet is to check the fets on the sc board and ss boards. Most likely you only have a bad sc board. Check q661 on the sc board first.

Comment

Thank you.. I got the kit from ShopJimmy, and replaced all the shorted FETS.. Seems D482 is also shorted and that's not part of the kit.. so I ordered that today.

Kit includes ICs and small Diodes and resistors that I didn't replace as they didn't seem shorted. Is it recommended to change them all out?

Comment

If the resistors and diodes check good you can leave them. I would change the ic drivers though.

Comment

Thank you... Replaced all dead FETs, Diodes, and IC Drivers. Is there a way to test the SC card alone? I'm afraid the damage on the SC is because of shorts on the SU and SD card. Do I install the jumper on the SC card and disconnect the 3 connectors to SU / SD card? Can I keep the SS card disconnected also? I've seen several posts with conflicting information. Thanks

Comment

Remove the 4 screws that hold the buffers down to the sc. Unhook the 3 connectors from sc to buffers. I take a paper sheet and slip it in between the buffers and the sc, just to make sure. Find sc50 on sc board and short both pins together, I use a small alligator clip. Turn on tv and if the green led stays on for 20 seconds, your sc is ok. Dont run it like this for more than 30 sec.
                  To check the buffers for shorts, put meter in beep mode. Thats when you touch probes together the meter beeps, telling you there is a short. Put one probe on one of the screw holes you removed for the sc test and take the other and rake across the ribbon connectors.flip up the latch but leave the ribbon in and sweep across all the pins on that side. No beeps means good buffer. ANY BEEP means bad buffer.

Comment

Perfect.. Thank you tvtimmy.. I'll try that shortly.

Comment

Hi again, reporting back.
                      Unfortunately, I must have missed a bad component. Upon testing the SC, I get the 7 blinks still, and the following components died again:
                      Q661
                      Q621
                      D641
                      D642

Any idea what I could have possibly missed? everything that came in the ShopJimmy kit was installed. Thanks

Comment

Anyone can please confirm what part number corresponds to what device? i took them all off to buy replacements, and I thought I could find them in the schematic, but the schematic only has Panasonic internal numbers and not manufacturer numbers. It probably helps to let you know what board I have

TNPA5105AB
                        Last edited by jason123; 06-28-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

once you have removed those components that you have found bad, recheck all "three legged" components / semiconductors for short to ground conditions. There are quite of few beside the four that you list. I thought I had found mine but forgot / failed to test others beside the "fets" that are normally pointed out... my board only lasted a few seconds before "pop".

Comment

Thanks Budwich. I thought I tested all the large 3-legged devices, but I guess I missed some. I replaced about 11 FETs and Diodes and before I plugged it in, all of these (Q661
                            Q621 D641 D642) were operational.

There has to be something I'm missing - a sense resistor or so.

Anyway, Now that I took these parts off.. I can't recall what goes where. I had them lined up on the table and my son came and moved things around.

Can you tell the part numbers for these components so I can buy replacements?

Also, finally, I was able to find a TNPA5105AD board. Is this usable in place of the TNPA5105AB?
                            Thank you
                            Last edited by jason123; 06-28-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

The tnpa5105ad board is for a 42" tv. Im pretty sure it wont work.

Comment

in terms of your "dilemma" (parts off, where do they go?), see if you can locate a picture of the board on shopjimmy... you might get lucky. Further, beside the "short measurement", also check the measurement of the "feed resistors" going to the various "fets" to see if they all agree.

Comment

Q661 rjp63f3a
                                  q621 rjp3034
                                  d641 rf2001 tm3sw
                                  d642 rf2001 tm3sw

Comment

Ok, I've gone component after another and I found R451 open. Could this be causing the above transistors and diodes to die after replacing with new ones? it seems that the resistor is in a totally different part of the circuit though? thoughts

Comment

Yes it could. When you find a bad part you MUST replace it or you can do more damage to the board.

Comment

Happy 4th to all!
                                        tvtimmy I plan on replacing it for sure. I'm just curious whether it can be the culprit, or am I still missing more bad parts
                                        Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                        X